• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tired of all the water when pulling drain plug?..... versiplug

Skott1576

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wanted to share this with some fellow jet boats.

Versiplugs.

This boats a notorious for water leaking in thru the swim deck. These plugs allow the water to flow out while under way.

Been using them on PWCs for years. I recently reached out to Chris @ pwcdoctor an asked if he had plugs for yamaha jet boats. He told me he had plugs but they were not listed on his website. He does not reccomend them for boats that are stored in the water.

As delivered it would not fit. It did require some modification to fit. The largest diameter of the plug would not allow it to thread in all the way. I ended masking off both sides of the plug and sanded down the outside to allow it to fit inside the recessed drain plug hole. Took me maybe a half an hr with some 100 grit sandpaper and a file. I did email Chris to see if he could address the design on some more plugs if enough interest was given to make them a direct fit.

Also due to the amount of material left in the hulls during manufacturing, I would recommend removing all materials that could get stuck in the drain and keep the ball from sealing. They do also have an optional filter that will screen out any larger particles.

Attachments

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thats pretty cool, have you given it a try in the water on your boat yet? have they been constantly reliable on your jetskis in the past?

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Thanks for the info. I just sent him an email. I have a 2018 Scarab 195 open that I just put on a lift, but when on the lift I can’t get to either of the plugs. I hope these work.

Dthiss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
I ordered 2 of these yesterday and I hope it takes care of my problem. Certainly looks like they will.

ShlepRock

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 G
Boat Length
I ordered 2 for my Scarab 195 yesterday.. I am curious to see if they really work.. I talked to Chris and he sounds confident in his product. I also got the filter they make. Crossing my fingers.. Tired of taking the drain plugs in and out..

TJP027

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
anyone have any feedback on these plugs?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered 2 of these yesterday and I hope it takes care of my problem. Certainly looks like they will.
It isn't going to fix your problem....just treat the symptom (water in boat). Your bilge pump will also treat the symptom.

Do not use this plug if you leave the boat in the water. You'll also want to make sure your bilge is pretty clean...and debris caught in this can result in it allowing water in at rest.