• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tool Kit

Mark Hoell

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does Yamaha make a tool kit that contains everything you'd need to do minor repairs while on the water? I don't want to buy an 30 piece socket set if only 5 of them can be used. Maybe it has screwdrivers and only sockets needed, pliers, VOM etc..

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does Yamaha make a tool kit that contains everything you'd need to do minor repairs while on the water? I don't want to buy an 30 piece socket set if only 5 of them can be used. Maybe it has screwdrivers and only sockets needed, pliers, VOM etc..
Interesting idea for @JetBoatPilot

Yamaha doesn't make one.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(if they did, they would probably charge $250 for the $50 of tools they would put in)

I took a cheap tool box from the garage and loaded it with all my tool 2nds i had lying around. That 2nd Phillips head screwdriver, the 2nd straight blade, the 2nd set of hex keys, pliers, etc. I think the only thing I did wind up getting was a socket set and a set of ratchet crescent wrenches. All in all I think I spent $40.

mattster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
And don't forget a sharp knife that can cut a ski rope...just in case. And a pliers that can extract a twig from a tight spot. And an LED light, so you can see down a 2' black hole in the event something gets stuck down there.

Troy JK

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
(if they did, they would probably charge $250 for the $50 of tools they would put in)

I took a cheap tool box from the garage and loaded it with all my tool 2nds i had lying around. That 2nd Phillips head screwdriver, the 2nd straight blade, the 2nd set of hex keys, pliers, etc. I think the only thing I did wind up getting was a socket set and a set of ratchet crescent wrenches. All in all I think I spent $40.
other stuff I added. some extra hose clamps, ty-wraps, 16” needle nose pliers, long knife, electrical crimp connectors and fuses. 👍

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I bought this TOOLKIT from harbor freight and put it in the boat it's flat and has just about everything you may need. I do have an additional tool box with zip ties, hose clamp for towing, fuses, gloves, sharp knife, etc that I keep with our emergency supplies.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Cheap metric socket set, allen key set, knife, carpet cutter, long needle nose, batteries, flashlight, extra ratchet straps, screwdriver with changeable shaft, wrench, all in a Plano toolbox that fits in the battery seat storage compartment, slid all the way to the rear.