• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Touchscreen switches

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Did anyone of you use these switches ? They are compact and does not take much real estate. Below is what I am installing on my friends boat.

Any external fuses needed ? Thanks.

image.jpg IMG_1779.JPG

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Would wire inline fuses for each equipment connected to these switches work?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes.

Or, what I did was run a BlueSea bus that had fuses in it and put it right next to the batteries. Then for each circuit, you run off of the bus, to your switch, and to your equipment. Much cleaner.

But either way will work.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Main reason I went for it is my friend does not want a big hole on the dashboard or anywhere else for that matter. So kept it simple where this switch box is inside the housing next to the amp and the screen is the only one visible. What fuses/breaker box would you recommend I install prior to the wires running to this switch? Any links?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reading the description it says that the switch has a built in 60 amp breaker allowing for 10 amps per circuit. Typically we would have a 10 amp breaker in each circuit to prevent the small wire that is likely used in the circuit from overheating. With a single 60 amp circuit even the wire supplying power to the switch could overheat.

At minimum I would use 8 gauge copper wire with a waterproof 20 amp fuse where you pickup power from the batttery switch or battery to supply the panel. That would reduce the maximum amount of amperage that could be drawn to any individual or across the entire panel to 20 amps.

Going further you could install a fuse panel like this one between the switch panel and each circuit https://www.bluesea.com/products/5035/ST_Blade_Fuse_Block_-_6_Independent_Circuits_with_Cover
IMG_1381.PNG

Or you could install six appropriately sized circuit breakers inside the console.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Bought them both. Does the fuse panel come with the fuses or I need to buy them separately ? I am putting gps, spot light , led lights for speakers , 2nd bilge pump on this panel.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bought them both. Does the fuse panel come with the fuses or I need to buy them separately ? I am putting gps, spot light , led lights for speakers , 2nd bilge pump on this panel.
You will need to buy fuses. You can get them at Walmart or any automotive store. Years ago I bought a box of fuses from Amazon and doubt I will ever need to buy any more.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thank you Bruce. It is truly helpful.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
The box mentions 10 amp as output . Is that per circuit ?

IMG_1812.JPG

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The box mentions 10 amp as output . Is that per circuit ?
That is my opinion.

This eBay ad http://www.ebay.com/itm/12V-24V-6-Gang-LED-Switch-Panel-Capacitive-Touch-Screen-Panel-Boat-Caravan-/252441756394 suggest that it has a "Built-in resettable fuse (PPTC)" it also states "(Full Load:12V / Total Current does not exceed 60A;10 Amp rating per switch)"

Hopefully yours is the same.

I would not use more than a 25 amp fuse on the supply to the switch panel and not more than 10 amps on each switched circuit. That will cap you at 25 amps combined and 10 amps per circuit.