• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tow vehicle with leather seats.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm always a wet when I recover my AR230. I prefer to back in and winch the boat on over powering it on. This leaves me with wet shorts. My old truck had cloth seats. Wetness really wasn't an issue. I just bought a Tundra 1794 with leather seats. Will the wetness destroy my seats? Solutions?

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm always a wet when I recover my AR230. I prefer to back in and winch the boat on over powering it on. This leaves me with wet shorts. My old truck had cloth seats. Wetness really wasn't an issue. I just bought a Tundra 1794 with leather seats. Will the wetness destroy my seats? Solutions?
I do the same and all my tow vehicles are leather. I leave a towel in the truck and have one around my shoulders when I get off the boat. Once the boat is tailored and by the time it's time to go my shorts are dry enough for 1 dry towel. I also have cooled seats

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have H/C leather seats also. I use one towel for the first 5 min then switch to new dry one. Both folded over at least once. Walmart towels I fought a bunch at about $3 each and keep in the back always. They are always helpful. You can lay one down if you have to look under the truck at something. Or put one down for the wife’s knees if she is kneeling for something..;we all have hopes and dreams.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even if you're wet, you aren't going to hurt anything. Clean and condition the seats every so often, and they'll survive just fine. I typically drive home with wet shorts, sometimes in the truck for an hour or more that way. I also have the heated/cooled leather. About once a month I go out and vacuum/wipe the seats down really good, then use some of the same conditioner I use on my leather boots on the seats. They're still just as soft and supple as they were when I bought it. Might not be the right way, but it appears to work.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had a 2002 oldsmobile aurora that I used to launch my jet skis into salt water. I would get in the car with the wetsuit and a towel. Over 4 years I had destroyed the leather and it became very dry with a rough texture. You should clean and condition after you get the seat wet and keep those leather wet wipes in the car.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have cooled seats and get in my truck wet everytime. We can't power boats on the trailer on most lakes in WA. I've never thought about it messing up my cooled seats. Maybe I should

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have cooled seats and get in my truck wet everytime. We can't power boats on the trailer on most lakes in WA. I've never thought about it messing up my cooled seats. Maybe I should
I was more concerned with damaging the leather. The cooled part just prevents you from using a water proof cover.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Little water shouldn't damage leather

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s why God gave us 303AP!
To keep the seats in our boats and trucks from cracking and looking like new.

I put a towel down, too, when I’m wet.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Your ramp must be pretty shallow, I do the same thing, back the Q7 up until the bumper is at the water line, sometime the rear tires at the water line, and then winch on. But I don't get my shorts wet doing this....I can even keep my feet dry by walking out the trailer....

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I bought one. Next is weathertech mats so I don’t destroy my new to me truck when I go in with a wet suit.
Check out the Husky X-Act Contour mats. I've had both them and Weathertech and I like the Husky much better.
They're softer and don't curl up like the Weathertech's do.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Check out the Husky X-Act Contour mats. I've had both them and Weathertech and I like the Husky much better.
They're softer and don't curl up like the Weathertech's do.
Thanks for the tip. They look nice, but I see they don't make X-Act Contour mats for my 2010 Nissan Pathfinder.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I go on slow, once it is lined up power up to the front of the trailer. Reach over hook up strap. Climb on hitch to dry ground. I’m only wet if I was swimming.