• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer guide ons

Jason Burcina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hopefully someone can .I have a 2017 Yamaha 242 limited S. The trailer that it sits on the frame rail is 5" tall and I bought some CE Smith trailer guide ons and the square U bolts that came with it aren't long enough. I've had a hell of a time trying to find something that fits and I wasn't sure if maybe someone had the same problem and found a good solution.

Toby

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
CE11416 are 6" u bolts that should work. I use them on our 2018 242 Limited S galvanized trailer. That part number is for one kit. Does both sides.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm not sure if Fastenal has locations by you, but they have a lot of odd hard to find hardware.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jason Burcina

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Cool. Thank y'all very much. I ordered the ones suggested. Has anyone ran into the problem of the guide ins sticking out to far? I'm looking them over and it looks like the boat flares out from back to front. I'm worried about ripping them off or is it just an optical illusion

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
They do add a little width to your trailer overall, but they don't "flare out" unless you bend one out - happened when someone loading my boat onto the trailer got blown to one side....slightly bent the guide post (better than the alternatives). I just bent it back by hand.

I do like the covers for them though....and wont use ones without covers.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
They do add a little width to your trailer overall, but they don't "flare out" unless you bend one out - happened when someone loading my boat onto the trailer got blown to one side....slightly bent the guide post (better than the alternatives). I just bent it back by hand.

I do like the covers for them though....and wont use ones without covers.
You mean like these?
https://www.amazon.com/CE-Smith-Replacement-Accessories-Sailboat/dp/B01488HFQ6/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Trailer+Post+Guide-On+Covers&qid=1553019839&s=sporting-goods&sr=1-1&th=1&psc=1

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length