• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailer Guide Posts

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Has anyone installed trailer guide posts on their FSH trailer? If so, do you have any recommendations and what size did you use?

j_shoe99

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm also curious, as it looks like your trailer is identical to mine! I'd like to add them too, strictly for when I'm backing up without the boat on the trailer!

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I'm also curious, as it looks like your trailer is identical to mine! I'd like to add them too, strictly for when I'm backing up without the boat on the trailer!
I went for these trailer bunks. They were affordable and with the carpet, weren't likely to scratch the boat. When I back in I have them sticking up about two inches above the water line and since then, I have never missed a launch or return. I painted the lower half to resist any seawater corrosion from sitting on the elbow. Very happy so far and they look good. The U-Bolt needed to be a little bigger for the Shorelandr' so the cost was a little extra.

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 3.15.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 3.15.53 PM.png

IMG_1621.JPG IMG_1622.JPG

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I had the above style on my 19.5' Yamaha LX210 and liked them with one exception....on a steep ramp they ended up underwater and invisible (which was a bad thing). So the next boats I got the standard pole style guide ons and put covers on them. This is what I got for my 242X (or something very similar) and bought covers to put over the posts. They stand up high so the trailer is easy to see when empty, and high so if you have a steep ramp they remain above the water. Make sure you get covers for them though....the PVC can come off on your gelcoat and its a PITA to get off....ask me how I know! LOL

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I put the 60" CE Smith guide posts on my aluminum trailer. I went with the i-beam brackets and got them from Bass Pro for around $100. Very easy install and an added bonus over the carpeted bunks is being able to see the corners of the trailer when its empty. I was going to get the covers but I don't think you need them with the stainless rub rail on the FSH.

dlkhmk

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Do you feel the 60" is necessary or could I get away with 48" ones?

Bill Smith

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Are you having trouble seeing the trailer in the water ? I originally considered them but once I started launching and recovering I realized they aren't really necessary. I find I can see the trailer right up until it settles on the bunks. Even at night I can see the trailer lights underwater so I did without.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. Do you feel the 60" is necessary or could I get away with 48" ones?
I would get 60"
Shorter ones would be close to the water level, if you do bump them with your boat the ends are hitting gelcoat instead of the rub rail.
That's my thinking in them anyway.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 48" posts on my trailer, they "float" up with the water level, so they are always 2-3' out of the water.

Thompsbren

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I was worried the 60" would be too tall but they aren't. You could always trim the pvc too if you found they were too long.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just installed the 60" VEVE trailer guides on my 212X's Shoreland'r trailer and couldn't be happier. The VEVE guides have a support bracket at the bend on the bottom of the post to reinforce the guide. This prevents it from simply bending if you hit it too hard. It's also a heavier gauge steel used than the other bargain brands on Ebay or Amazon. These things are solid! He also offers galvanized steel for saltwater applications.