• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

TRAILER PROBLEM

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So I got the Scarab home and cleaned and parked and.....well....tried to remove the trailer from the truck. I should have seen this before but apparently the hitch portion of the tongue has shifted dome 3-4 inches. I have contacted the dealer and hopefully will get this resolved expeditiously. I have attached some pics of what it looks like as well as what it should based on the recall for the brakes. We have had no issues with braking or the brakes not releasing so this may be another issue all together. Please check your trailers.

IMG_3215.JPG IMG_3217.JPG IMG_3218.JPG IMG_5860.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
James,

I had the same issue, and figured it out. The ball hitch on this trailer is very tight on the 2" ball as it is. I like it because it provides a nice snug fit over the ball, and it wont let the trailer shuffle and shimmy everywhere when you hit a bump or hill.

Here is what I did. I put grease inside the fitting, and outside the housing. When I back the boat where I want it, I put chocks on the tires. Then I pull slightly forward until it releases. Its almost impossible to pull it out when the tongue is depressed into its housing. Let me know if it helps.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, that is the recall on the trailer. Sometimes it will catch (when the boat is off) and you put the truck in drive the brakes will activate because it doesnt have the voltage from your reverse lights. If this happens (only in an emergency) to get your trailer where it can be parked.. You can get the 5 prong connector, and reverse it on your adapter. Turn on your lights, and it will sent the voltage to deactivate your brakes so you can move the trailer.

This most likely will not happen with the boat on the trailer due to the added weight from the boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why is the ball at such a crazy angle? That might be your issue. I don't think it could come out at that angle.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like he took the ball/receiver off of the hitch because he couldnt get the trailer off the ball.
I'm an idiot. Guess I should think before posting:)

Is there a nut to loosen the latch under there, that should release it.

Joseph Baxter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
OK....sorry @Wayloncle I should have gotten more in the pic....I had to slide the hitch out of the truck....so here is what we think happened...Last night when we got home I backed it in to the driveway and have to give it just a bit of power to get it over the sloped transition from road to driveway....I did not have the pin in for backing up a hill but since I used a little power it perceived it to be a hill (If you will)....the tongue got stuck whether need for grease or some other issue....I had to hammer the tongue back out to allow the hitch to drop out....for now on I will put the pin in when backing into my driveway...hope this makes sense.