• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailering with blue OEM cover?

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have it in my head that I have seen somewhere it is a bad idea to trailer with the blue mooring cover on the boat because it rubs? I did a site search but did not find any relevant info. Looks like I will have a 90 mile trip in the rain tomorrow with my brand new, spotless for now, boat so using the cover would be nice.

Yes? No? Maybe?

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have it in my head that I have seen somewhere it is a bad idea to trailer with the blue mooring cover on the boat because it rubs? I did a site search but did not find any relevant info. Looks like I will have a 90 mile trip in the rain tomorrow with my brand new, spotless for now, boat so using the cover would be nice.

Yes? No? Maybe?
Sorry I think it's a no without help to prevent some abrasions...see this thread:

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
It seems with a cut up pool noodle (check) and a bunch of painters tape (check) I could do it with minimal risk.
I am still interested in any other opinions.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh the top speed on this trip will be 60 mph.

jsg73

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The dealer was very confident that trailing with the blue cover (no poles or ropes installed) was absolutely the way to go and commented that this is how he trailers them to all boat shows and test drives. With that said, we trailered it 98 miles to the lake with the blue cover on (no ropes or poles). When we took the cover off, we saw no rubs or issues.

Maybe it will rub the next time or maybe it wont but I thought I should share what I experienced.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length