• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Trailering with straps

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Curious, I know it is not good for the cover to trailer with the poles in but how about the straps. Last season I left the lake just before a storm. I put the straps in place and just removed the poles. Just wanting opinions on what the rest of you do.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've trailered with the straps in if I thought it might rain on the way. That way I could slip inside quickly and put the pole in place if I was going to be parked overnight.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Remember, we have had a cover change too. All the previous Mooring and Trailering (M/T) covers recommended towing without the poles. Now, with the new Premium "Deluxe" Mooring Cover, they recommend trailering with poles in place. They moved the vents that create suction, they added reinforcements, and they put covers over the cleat holes. The same company apparently makes it as did the previous, but they are telling and putting in writing, that poles go in for trailering on these new "deluxe" covers.

I personally don't think it would be a problem on the old covers to add some support. But...it suctions down tight, and without some kind of reinforcement, you are likely to get a rip with all that force on top of the cover with the poles in. If you think the straps give you any support without poles, I don't see how that would hurt anything. But I don't think it will help anything either. I think a guy could take a previous cover, and I have a brand new M/T cover, not the deluxe...and it appears more substantial than my previous M/T cover did. But it needs reinforcement where the poles rest under it.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Of course I have the "old" cover. I never use the poles, not sure where they are actually, but one thing I do for towing distances is install my bow cover first. It seems to lend support up front in the bow so that the cover doesn't take too much of a beating.:cool:

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a brand new M/T cover, not the deluxe...and it appears more substantial than my previous M/T cover did. But it needs reinforcement where the poles rest under it.
I have the new M/T cover also. It does seem to be made better. I don't know if they make the deluxe for our year.