• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transducer mounted to ride plate.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha Gang,

I’m wanting to install my Simrad GO7 GPS/ fishfinder combo unit. Best option IMO for me to mount my transducer is like this one in the pic bellow, not sure if I got this pic on a thread here or not. I want to duplicate the install but had a few questions on performance of the down imaging. Please if this is ur install chime in. Or if anybody else has mounted there transducer on the ride plate, please show me what u did?

Mahalo

Attachments

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Aloha @Julian sorry about that don’t know how to update profile lol. My LS2000 already has a combo unit, this is for my AR240. I’ll checkout the thread, mahalo(thank u) for ur kokua(help).🤙🏽
Click here:
https://jetboaters.net/account/account-details
And change the entries. To navigate there yourself, all you do is click on your name in the upper right of the screen, then Account Details.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Aloha Gang,

I’m wanting to install my Simrad GO7 GPS/ fishfinder combo unit. Best option IMO for me to mount my transducer is like this one in the pic bellow, not sure if I got this pic on a thread here or not. I want to duplicate the install but had a few questions on performance of the down imaging. Please if this is ur install chime in. Or if anybody else has mounted there transducer on the ride plate, please show me what u did?

Mahalo
That is where I mounted my transducer for my Helix 5 on my 210 FSH20190627_072714.jpg20190627_072632.jpg. It works great, even at WOT.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is where I mounted my transducer for my Helix 5 on my 210 FSHView attachment 98686View attachment 98687. It works great, even at WOT.
Aloha @bolivas nice install that’s exactly where I would like install mines too. I was a little concerned about the down and side scan getting blocked by keel. It’s looks like on the 210 FSH there a little more room from the ride plate to the lowest point of the hull, not including the keel itself. On my AR240 the ride plate sits a little lower, but I want to flush mount the transducer to the ride plate. I don’t want it hanging lower then the hull itself. Just for shallow water clearance, don’t want it to get ripped off. Mahalo(thank u) for posting ur pics too.🤙🏽

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Aloha @bolivas nice install that’s exactly where I would like install mines too. I was a little concerned about the down and side scan getting blocked by keel. It’s looks like on the 210 FSH there a little more room from the ride plate to the lowest point of the hull, not including the keel itself. On my AR240 the ride plate sits a little lower, but I want to flush mount the transducer to the ride plate. I don’t want it hanging lower then the hull itself. Just for shallow water clearance, don’t want it to get ripped off. Mahalo(thank u) for posting ur pics too.🤙🏽
@rkim808 Mahalo as well for the compliments. This is my first transducer install and I did a lot of planning and dry fitting to find the best location I could find. I too wanted the clearance from the shallows as I back into the beach area to pick up and drop off passengers. I don't "beach" the rear end, but get right around knee deep for the passengers to load/off load. It makes it very easy for passengers to just step on/off and helps the rinse off bare feet before boarding. I was pretty gun shy to drill a hole into the hull (kinda counter productive to keeping water out). I found a really easy to use product to plug the hole around the wire. I will try to take a picture of it when I get home later. I also traced and trimmed away the sea deck on the console to mount the display. 20190627_105211.jpg

See other recent mods I did here

Thanks again

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rkim808 Mahalo as well for the compliments. This is my first transducer install and I did a lot of planning and dry fitting to find the best location I could find. I too wanted the clearance from the shallows as I back into the beach area to pick up and drop off passengers. I don't "beach" the rear end, but get right around knee deep for the passengers to load/off load. It makes it very easy for passengers to just step on/off and helps the rinse off bare feet before boarding. I was pretty gun shy to drill a hole into the hull (kinda counter productive to keeping water out). I found a really easy to use product to plug the hole around the wire. I will try to take a picture of it when I get home later. I also traced and trimmed away the sea deck on the console to mount the display. View attachment 98823

Thanks again
Nice mods, that Yammy is setup and ready to go and do anything.🤙🏽

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Mounted mine to the ride plate and it works great. I don’t get any distortion from the jet wash. I don’t use side scan so can’t speak to if it’s affected or not but down scan is perfect. D2D801A4-BCEE-4A44-A953-0656FB06F7A1.jpeg

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mounted mine to the ride plate and it works great. I don’t get any distortion from the jet wash. I don’t use side scan so can’t speak to if it’s affected or not but down scan is perfect. View attachment 98908
Aloha @AndyD that looks Like just like or similar to the TotalScan transducer I have. Is this on a 24’ Yammy? And how did u run the wire for the transducer drilled a hole through the ride plate?

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Aloha @AndyD that looks Like just like or similar to the TotalScan transducer I have. Is this on a 24’ Yammy? And how did u run the wire for the transducer drilled a hole through the ride plate?
Yes, 242 limited se. I drilled a hole through the ride plate to run the wire up and through.

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes, 242 limited se. I drilled a hole through the ride plate to run the wire up and through.
Can u post a pic of it, and what did u do 5200 it?

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@rkim808 Mahalo as well for the compliments. This is my first transducer install and I did a lot of planning and dry fitting to find the best location I could find. I too wanted the clearance from the shallows as I back into the beach area to pick up and drop off passengers. I don't "beach" the rear end, but get right around knee deep for the passengers to load/off load. It makes it very easy for passengers to just step on/off and helps the rinse off bare feet before boarding. I was pretty gun shy to drill a hole into the hull (kinda counter productive to keeping water out). I found a really easy to use product to plug the hole around the wire. I will try to take a picture of it when I get home later. I also traced and trimmed away the sea deck on the console to mount the display. View attachment 98823

Thanks again
Here is the putty I used to plug the hole around the wire. I bought it at Walmart, but it is also available on Amazon. You just pinch off what you need and then knead it in your fingers for about a minute. Then you can stuff it in the hole and mold/contour it to the shape of the hull. Let it set and then I painted it w/ finger nail polish to match the hull. I then slathered the inside w/ silicon. Super easy.

View attachment 9900520190710_191353.jpg

Last edited:

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is the putty I used to plug the hole around the wire. I bought it at Walmart, but it is also available on Amazon. You just pinch off what you need and then knead it in your fingers for about a minute. Then you can stuff it in the hole and mold/contour it to the shape of the hull. Let it set and then I painted it w/ finger nail polish to match the hull. I then slathered the inside w/ silicon. Super easy.
PC Products PC-Marine Epoxy Putty, 2oz Stick: Hardware Sealers: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
View attachment 99005
Interesting so u didn’t use one of those through hull wire kit things, just this stuff?

bolivas

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Interesting so u didn’t use one of those through hull wire kit things, just this stuff?
I drilled through the hull. Stuffed the wire through and dry fit all the way to the head leaving a coil of the wire in the head making sure everything was going to fit and have enough wire. Once I confimed the fit, I used the putty to plug the hole. I kneaded the putty as instructed and then rolled the putty into a rope like shape so I could wrap the putty around the wire to be sure to get the putty all the way around the wire to keep the wire in the center. The putty rope was a bit thicker than could fit so when I pressed it in the hole it would fill all of the voids. Let it cure and then painted exterior with nail polish to match hull color and liberally applied silicone to the interior side of the putty.

Hindsight, I wish I would have thought to use a damp paper towel to clean up the hull surrounding the hole before letting it cure. It would have looked more professional (live and learn).....

(Edit) I contemplated using the 3M 5200, but it was too soft to mold and shape. The putty was very easy to work with. I will use it again if I need to breach the hull.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Aloha Gang,

Mahalo
Thinking of moving my transducer as I get a lot of drag on it and pull to the left when at speed. Some of these pictures I see looks like some of you may have mounted to the ride plate with just 5200? if that's the case anyone have an issue with it falling off? I was debating buying longer screws and taking the ride plate off and trying to mount that way. Or buying the flush mount kit from Lowrance as I have the active 3 in 1 as show in this post. But that gramin and 3 in 1 look so much more clean mounted right up flush. Again though are these just on there with 5200?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im not so sure about being solely mounted with 5200. Im sure you may get away with it but i would always be worried about it staying attached. there is still a lot of water pressure on the transducer in that location.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im not so sure about being solely mounted with 5200. Im sure you may get away with it but i would always be worried about it staying attached. there is still a lot of water pressure on the transducer in that location.
That was my thought as well… still curious though because what I am thinking is just having two holes on the left side to secure with screws to get that near perfect spot on the ride plate. I would then seal/secure it the rest of the way with 5200.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Attachments

Last edited: