• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Transformation!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Before and after

New boathouse, lot clearing, and new bulkhead. It took more than a year to do, but it was worth it.

Attachments

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was that house there?
:oops:

I like the old boat house since it had a wall but very impressive change.
I hope you don't have to cut your grass too..

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Looks fantastic! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Before and after

New boathouse, lot clearing, and new bulkhead. It took more than a year to do, but it was worth it.
Holy crap is that the same place!????? That is an impressive upgrade!!! You have a career doing this ahead of you (unless that is what you already do!)

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Was that house there?
:oops:

I like the old boat house since it had a wall but very impressive change.
I hope you don't have to cut your grass too..
Yea, the house was there. We bought the property back in 98 but took this long to get enough money to do all the upgrades. It took 2 1/2 semi trailer loads of St Augustine grass (25,000 sq ft)....and I had to buy an expensive zero turn mower to cut it!

Last edited:

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Holy crap is that the same place!????? That is an impressive upgrade!!! You have a career doing this ahead of you (unless that is what you already do!)
Thanks......I did all the planning, but obviously paid somebody to do the work. Old boathouse barely fit my Yamaha and had straps...new one has a cradle for the boat and 2 separate cradles for the jetskis.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
wow. that is all. wow

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Some idea of what it took to clear the lot. 8 truckloads of trees cut and sent to lumber mil, and 30 trailer loads of brush! Then 12 truckloads of topsoil followed by the St Augustine sod!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Holy Cheese adn Freaking Rice @captras That is an astounding transformation.

Any idea on what the value of the house did in comparison to the cost to do that work? Before feels like a "lake shanty" type setup, new setup is very much "Luxury waterfront" vibe to it.

Also, did you put in a filter for the lake water? The water even looks better!

Either way, it looks amazing. Great work!

King

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Transformation is putting it mildly to say the least!

That's absolutely amazing!

When's the first party? LoL

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Wish we could do that sort of thing in MN. There is no way they would allow us to "transform" the shorline like that. Amazing job! Something to enjoy for multiple lifetimes!

I could be wrong, but it looks like you saved nothing but the dock ladder! (smile)

bks223

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Nice job!!!! Congrats on the upgrade!!!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Holy Cheese adn Freaking Rice @captras That is an astounding transformation.

Any idea on what the value of the house did in comparison to the cost to do that work? Before feels like a "lake shanty" type setup, new setup is very much "Luxury waterfront" vibe to it.

Also, did you put in a filter for the lake water? The water even looks better!

Either way, it looks amazing. Great work!
Thank you for the kind words. This place is my drugs! We don't yet know how much the property value has changed. The new tax appraisal will probably happen after Jan. But I am not looking forward to the increase. Over the last 20 years the value has tripled, but that was before improvements. This site is on 3 lots and just under 2 acres, all waterfront. This project, as always, went way over our planned budget, but it's all paid for with no debt.

The difference in the water is because of the time of year the picture was taken. Before was in spring when the green tree pollen is horrible. The after was a summer pucture

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Wish we could do that sort of thing in MN. There is no way they would allow us to "transform" the shorline like that. Amazing job! Something to enjoy for multiple lifetimes!

I could be wrong, but it looks like you saved nothing but the dock ladder! (smile)
We have the same rules in Texas if the lake is a Corps of Engineers lake. No improvements at all. Matter of fact, if you own waterfront property, you DONT own the shoreline and anybody can anchor on your beach/bank. Lake Livingston is controlled by the Trinity River Authority. You own everything except the water. All improvement must be approved and licensed. They are pretty strict about what you can do and how far your boathouse can extend past the shoreline. You are charged a yearly shoreline fee which covers the boathouse and allows you to pull water from the lake for irrigation.

And the dock ladder is gone too. No need for it since we had the lot graded down about 8 foot to water level.

tpspeier

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is amazing. I'm now jealous as we're waiting for our boathouse to be demo'd and replaced. We're told it will be sometime in the spring but we don't even have the permit approved yet since there is such a backlog at the power company.

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thank you. Good luck... it's a long, arduous process having to deal with bureaucracy and contractors!