• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Tube Wars!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I cant wait to break out our new beast of a tube!

20140221_180619.jpg

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We do something similar with a pair of tube. We call it hammer and anvil since one of the tubes won't whip (a seadoo X-man) but the round one does. The kids love the collisions. Great pic. Cam.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That tube is huge!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
How do you know when your tube is too big?

When it has a "Team Lift " sticker on the box.:dead:

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is funny right there!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We used to do something similar and called it tube rodeo. Basically put two standard inner-tube shaped inflatables out on separate ropes of equal length, hook up the other end to the tower, add riders/suckers and drive the boat like you stole it. The first person to fall off the tube is the "loser" but in reality only the people in the boat are winners, they get entertained without the risk of being hurt (other than from laughing so hard and so often).

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hate to be a killjoy but that doesn't look safe.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Safe is already a relative term when you are on the water, even more so when your are on a rubber/plastic tube being towed behind a boat that you are attached to with a single rope. Trying to bump and / or flip another rider isn't going to make it safer but it's not necessarily more dangerous. You can still get hurt falling off a single tube in the water.

In the years we have been doing it the only additional danger I saw was when one of the riders tried to wrap his arm around / put his arm through the tubes handle. Now we always state the obvious to new tubers whether they are in a tube war / rodeo or not. Don't wrap your body parts with the tow line or the tube handles.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone using the yahama cockpit tube? Thinking about getting it...

Attachments

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I be used similar tubes and like most of them. Seating position is good / comfortable. If you get one or something similar look for the kind that have the tube under the riders instead of just a cover between the water and the rider's a$$. It's a comfort thing when skipping across the water. Also check out the ho four rider tube offered at Costco usually wound now. Hey are $200 so it may be cheaper than the one in the pics. Lastly IMHO the less inflation valves the better.

Mike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thanks Ronnie

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just ordered a Big Mable from Amazon a couple days ago, it should be here in 2 days. I've been watching them for a while on there, the price kept dropping through the winter, after this last price reduction I hit the button, I assume the price will start going up with the weather getting nicer.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone using the yahama cockpit tube? Thinking about getting it...
Yeah, my boys love it. very hard to flip but if your riders are tall you may want to look at other tubes. You can really whip it around though, my boys learned that it was unlikely to flip so they got cocky. I learned that I can whip the tube out and then throttle down quickly for just a second then back into it. It causes the tube to slow down from the water drag, and the boys keep going forward off the tube:angelic:.
image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Have done tube wars before....lots of fun, but be warned, there is a danger you didn't point out... you can get two tubes heading towards each other fairly fast, and have two bodies collide. And when this happens, heads can collide too. That happened to us once, and after that the kids decided tube wars weren't so much fun....no stitches were needed, but they both had a couple of nice eggs on their heads! No more dangerous than 2 people on a trampoline at the same time....