• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Tubing and Wakeboarding

Good luck. I just surfed yesterday for my first time. Pics to follow when I get home...

@jawsf16 did you get ropeless on your first time out wakesurfing? Trying to manage my expectations for my first try!

@geiger41 keep the handle even with your toes at the very tip of the board. Best advice I was given my first time out. Good luck!

Good luck @geiger41

Good job @jawsf16 You might have to teach me next time we see ya

Practicing on land the movement of getting up on a wakeboard also helps. Put a few towels and blankets down, sit on the floor with the wakeboard on and pull them up with a rope - oh wait....how about a video....D'Oh!

This one has them do it on the back of the boat (another option)

Thanks for posting these! I will be watching intently. Will have to find some surf how-to's also.

Good luck. I just surfed yesterday for my first time. Pics to follow when I get home...
Did you surf behind Ken's cruiser? Can't wait to see pics and videos.

The one thing none of these videos say is to do what feels natural to you. When people can't pop up for whatever reason, I tell them to close their eyes ... sure enough they pop up.

After you pop up, that's when you need to do what doesn't feel natural to you and move the tow line to your leading hip and aggressively bend your leading knee. If you get those parts down, the rest of the form will come pretty easily.

@GiddYupJoe I think I am a long ways from rope less. At 6'4" 200 I have a lot to sort out before tossing the rope!

@PEARCE now that would be wild!

@farrelltravis remember you get what you pay for, I couldn't be further from an expert at this point.

My wife and girls who have never even skied all belly surfed too! It was a great day.

Good luck @geiger41

I have the go pro the picture seems to be far away on all the settings I can find it will beon my tower anyone know of a setting that will basically be "zoomed" in more ??? leaving in 15 miutes lol

no zoom on gopro. record everything and then use a media editor later. You can use imovie or FinalCut (if you're a big spender) or something similar to do the zoom. Just record either 720@60fps or 1080@30fps.

Oh... don't forget that you can put someone with a camera on a tube between you and the boat. That's how we capture some of our video. Tow a tube from the stern and then have the tower connection for the wakeboarder. Keeps the lines from getting tangled.

The one thing none of these videos say is to do what feels natural to you. When people can't pop up for whatever reason, I tell them to close their eyes ... sure enough they pop up.

After you pop up, that's when you need to do what doesn't feel natural to you and move the tow line to your leading hip and aggressively bend your leading knee. If you get those parts down, the rest of the form will come pretty easily.

@sysinu thanks for that tip of pulling the handel close to the hip. I think thats why I was getting fatigued so eaisily. I can work the feet, legs with no problem (kinda just like snowboarding) however I was nearly bending forward holding the rope. Not a natural feel.

@sysinu thanks for that tip of pulling the handel close to the hip. I think thats why I was getting fatigued so eaisily. I can work the feet, legs with no problem (kinda just like snowboarding) however I was nearly bending forward holding the rope. Not a natural feel.

:-) glad it helped!

Back