• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vacation drama

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So this bad thunderstorm just came up and pulled up my front anchor and when it spun around some jacka** said that my boat struck the 20 yr old master craft that he borrowed. I was out there the whole time and never saw it hit anything. Have a buch of witnesses. I have no problem paying if it happened but I don't have a scratch on my boat

Can you tell if the crack is new or old? Is it at the height you would expect it to be at if your boat hit it? I would wait to see what this guy is after. If it's a borrowed boat I would expect the owner to contact you not the borrower, definitely wouldn't pay him a penny unless you have some written protctection from the owner. If the quote(s) seem high (e.g. Higher than your deductible) consider calling your insurance company and lettering them deal with it, that's what they are for right?

I use to be a cop do I know how to investigate a wreck. My boat couldn't reach his boat. The rear anchor wouldn't stretch that far. I called my insurance company and gave them heads up. And yes your right. That's why we pay for that

You've been having quite the trip! Sorry you've got this on top of it all!

When the vacation goes to heck, I always figure "At least I'll remember this one."

I don't remember many of my other vacations, but I remember the one that STARTED with a bunch of fresh hot tar I picked up in a tire that threw the wheel out of balance. I had to pick it out with the handle of a plastic knife at a tollway oasis in 110 Deg F weather while leaving the engine running for the A/C because the eldest was a baby (all this picking was done on the FRONT wheel so plenty of nice engine heat). A short time later I would discover that the massive vibrations from this wheel imbalance caused the plates inside the battery to collapse thus stranding us at yet another oasis until we could get a jump start. By the time we were 30 minutes from the in-laws (normally a 6 hour ride was now up to about 10.5 and counting) the baby was screaming "I want OUT!!!!! Mama! Daddy! OUT!!!" (she had JUST learned to talk) and I was about to go nuts. (Oh yea, it was after dark by now too.) We got off our exit and I drove over some sort of spike that lodged itself in my tire. I could hear it going "thuck, thuck, thuck" the rest of the way to her folk's place. When I pulled into the in-law's the Father In Law was outside waiting for us. I said "Tell me where you want me to park - and make sure you like it there 'cause that's where it's gonna stay!"

We woke up the next morning to a car with a bad battery and one flat tire.

This was the trip that I also lost the only set of keys we had with us while swimming (forgot they were in my trunks). Thank God, I managed to somehow find them after 2 hours of searching the lake bottom.

"The Trip from Hell" happens once in a while. Makes you appreciate the ones that go smooth!

Hang in there. It WILL get better!

Yeah no shit.. He wins..

That's it...I'm staying home with the dog. Just thinking about all that gave me a brain cramp....

Wow!!! Hoping we don't have any problems like the ones above. Halfway between Dallas and Houston, heading to Matagordo Bay with a friends fishing boat in tow. Guys trip for some fishing and fun.

Holy Smoke @Marvin willis ...Your going to need a vacation from vacation! Sorry for all the issues.

Last year no boat problems but the front u joint partially came out of the drive shaft of the truck pulling the boat and the vibrations cracked the transmission so I had to have the truck towed back and bought a new truck. Glad I bought a new truck but I didn't discover the u joint problem til I bought the new tranny and it cracked before I got home from the dealership so I had to buy another tranny

Back