• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Very close to closing a deal on 242 Limited S E-Series

Mike Serra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
67k out the door. 2.99 / 180 months. Would I be crazy not to do it?

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With all the issues on the 242 with the electrics I went with an AR240. Nothing worse than the boat being at the dealer and not on the water...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
He's not going to get 2.99 on a used boat...but that is a sweet deal on a 242X.

Looks like a good deal....make sure you have the dealer show you how to program the launch controls. You'll love the electronic throttles...THEY ROCK!

Mike Serra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The 2.99 turned in to a 7.99 as the boat was being prepped. I'm sorry to say that the deal is on hold pending finding better financing..

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The 2.99 turned in to a 7.99 as the boat was being prepped. I'm sorry to say that the deal is on hold pending finding better financing..
This happened to me last year and I went used I got 1.9% through my local credit union. Something that didn't belong on to me was on my transunion (the report Yamaha uses) credit report and Yamaha said I was one point short of qualifying for the 2.9% saved me a ton of money in the end as I was getting the item removed to close the deal I found a great deal on a used 2011 SX240 and the 1.9% through the credit union. Best I could find on 15 year financing outside of Yamaha was 4.9% boat rates suck. I only financed 5 years through the credit union but didn't need anymore then that.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Hah! You and your brilliant ways, I'm always learning something here :D.

The funny thing is, these Yamaha dealers don't seem to want your cash. They want you to take a loan instead. Must be they get a cut or a point or something.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Hah! You and your brilliant ways, I'm always learning something here :D.

The funny thing is, these Yamaha dealers don't seem to want your cash. They want you to take a loan instead. Must be they get a cut or a point or something.
I'm sure they probably do. Car dealers do as well if the can get you to sign at a higher rate then offered. My credit is good enough that I just bought a used car and the dealer didn't even secure the loan they had me sign a blank contract with just the sale price and down payment on it and leave telling me they were not worried about it at 2.9% and they were sure they could get me that rate with out even determining which bank they would use. Didn't really matter to me as soon as I got back home called my credit union and same thing they gave me 1.9% and once the dealer finally told me who they used for financing the next day I had the credit union send them a check and used them.

dbrunone

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I'm sure they probably do. Car dealers do as well if the can get you to sign at a higher rate then offered. My credit is good enough that I just bought a used car and the dealer didn't even secure the loan they had me sign a blank contract with just the sale price and down payment on it and leave telling me they were not worried about it at 2.9% and they were sure they could get me that rate with out even determining which bank they would use. Didn't really matter to me as soon as I got back home called my credit union and same thing they gave me 1.9% and once the dealer finally told me who they used for financing the next day I had the credit union send them a check and used them.
If I had cash to buy the boat up front, and the dealer was pushing me hard to take a loan, I'd just say "OK, I'll take a loan at 8% if you give me $xxx off the boat". Then pay off the entire loan after the first month.You might have to pay an annual fee or something but might get more off the purchase price than the costs of the loan.

Bryan mazanec

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I just got a chap and got 4.25 with bb&t, may want to see if they are an option for you.

Mike Serra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just got a chap and got 4.25 with bb&t, may want to see if they are an option for you.
Thanks. I'll check them out. Was really looking forward to the low rate. I called Synchrony to find out what the deal is. They said it's just based on FICO. Need to be a 780. I might wait to see what 2017 has to offer and try to get the FICO up a few more points.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I also used BB&T. They were easy to deal with and the best rate I could find.