• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Very smokey and water in bilge

Bmore84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've got my fuel to about 60:1 and it's still embarrassingly smokey. And it's causing the spark plugs to foul and miss(mostly the left engine). I was told 50:1 was good. Any ideas?

Water coming out of pee holes is warm.

Also after about 90 minutes of boating I pulled out the plug and 4 gallons of water came out( I had a big bucket to check). Seems to only get water when in use. I sat at the dock for about 30 min with the bilge tray out and watched for leaks but didn't find any water entering.

Other than that the boat is really fast and fun!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you have the oil injection system disabled? The oil injection system varies the amount of oil based on RPM.

What kind of oil are you using? I found that different brands caused more or less smoke but smoke at idle was normal on my LX210.

It is possible that the water is washing over the swim deck and entering the bilge around or through the bilge cover. Or the engine cooling system might be leaking. Is the water in the bilge warm?

Bmore84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes it was converted to premix by previous owner. I mixed with Quicksilver synthetic. I know some smoke is normal but I don't think there should be a cloud of smoke following me around at idle and no wake speed.

Water drained out is not noticeably warm and does not smell like exhaust. I also noticed about a quarter gallon of water in the engine compartment. But that just may be from the water sloshing around in the bilge area going through the grommets at the very bottom where the exhaust goes through the back wall.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Bmore84

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't noticed any water left behind after running it on the trailer with a hose. (If that helps narrow anything down)

Is the peehole water normal pretty warm?

I'm thinking bearing seals or maybe cockpit drain, my exciter doesn't have a scupper valve. If it were the bearings it seems like more water would be in the engine compartment?