• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Vhf and fish finder gps electrical question

Fernando Flower

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is it hard to run a new positive negative wires to the front of the boat where the steering is at? Or is there any other place where I can pull electricity from? Also I will need to install a fish finder what's the best location for the transducer I'm pretty sure the Yamaha comes with one already but aren't the signals going to interfere?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It depends on the type of boat, running wires is pretty easy, as long as you are using the correct gauge and fuse. if there is an assesory rocker switch, you can take the power and ground from there.

As far as how to install a transducer in a Jetboat, many people have different opinions, I have done a shoot thru hull installation, were you install the transducer to the lowest point of the boat inside the hull with epoxy. The reason I went with this installation is that these boats have a step hull designed, like a flat boat, so when the boat gets on a plane it develops an air pocket and if you have an outside transducer you will loose depth reading when moving.

I have tested the shot thru hull transducer at 40 MPH, 2-4' waves and I'm pleased with it.
Here are some pictures:2015-11-17 18.00.18.png 2015-11-17 17.58.37.png 20151023_213908.jpg

Fernando Flower

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What type of transducer gps and fish finder you using, yeah I would prefer something like that instead of drilling thru the hull, I don't know if that will also void my hull warranty

Thomas J.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Bump on what Daniel did his tutorial on how he installed his fish finder was great. Helped me chase the wires from the transom to the center console. I need to get some picks of how I installed mine. Garmin 73dv. I mounted mine on the transom but I first attached a delrin waste board so if I needed to adjust it I wouldn't put more holes in the boat. I'll try to get some pics of how I've mounted everything. Also I mounted a remote stereo control on the swim deck at the same time I did the transducer. Easy little upgrade and pretty cheap to get the add on remote for our Jensen stereos.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If you are going through the trouble of running wires once, you may as well just add a fuse box to power anything else you may want down the road.

After doing mine, I am so glad I installed the fuse box as well.