• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakeboard boots?

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanna replace my boots due to dry rot. I have a liquid force board. Do I have to use model specific boots?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You should be able to use other liquid force boots on your board. I had a similar issue with a hyper lite board, but the boots did match up.

robbo3

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've seen the hole patterns on boots match across several brands.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the boots will be fine. Do keep in mind if you need a different style bolt that not all bolts are created the same. You will most likely need Liquid Force bolts.

mferrari

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Impulse
Boat Length
You can you various brands and interchange. The only thing you need to match for us older boats used standard thread fastener and now the trend is to switch to metric.

I use Ronix bindings on a LF board. Ronix is super comfy and holds up great (use them daily).

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, you can mix and match as long as you're not using a small person board with big person boot/bindings. The holes are pretty much a standard distance apart within the same boot class (unless the board has bindings built into it (like the ones that allow you to adjust the pitch of the boot without removing the boot).

If you haven't considered them yet... you should totally look into velcro boots. I thought they would be cheap pieces of crap, but I have been converted. Laces suck compared to a nice set of velcro boots!

BlacklimitedS

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
They should be fine but make sure to double check the fasteners. I ordered a left over Hyperlite board and new Hyperlite boots. After the boots came off the board while in use 3 times, I finally realized the supplied fasteners were metric and the board was standard. Before I figured out the issue I emailed Hyperlite customer support twice and never received a response. This first time was on a 4 day boating vacation. It was a frustrating experience.

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Most companies have gone to metric fasteners (I want to say M6) beginning something like 5 years ago... More threads per inch than 1/4" in comparable diameter bolt. The fastening methods are all over the map, but for most cases spacing (on center distance) should match (or be infinitely adjustable like in the slotted receivers). The only times I needed to buy different fasteners was for a longer bolt to make up for mounting differences.