• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wakesurf Board

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got my Ronix Koalfish yesterday and tried it out today. The board is long at 5'6" but it looks nice. I rode it today and this was my second time wake surfing ever. I didn't have a lot of weight on the boat and didn't go rope less. I only had one bag that was filled to around 600 lbs. My wife was driving between 10-12 m.p.h. I'm sure there was a pocket to surf in, but I wasn't able to find it. I guess I need more weight to go rope less. I was hopeful that I could get away without all the weight.

I had the bag on the starboard side as I ride goofy foot. I then moved it on top of the anchor locker to see if it made it better. I couldn't tell a difference either way. Any help would be great on where the best place is for the sx210 without buying a bunch more bags.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I guess I just need to buy a wake boat :) Oh wait, that won't be for a few more years.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
well that settles it, I'm not buying an expensive wakesurf board just to try it.

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put that
Bag on the corner your surfing and keep trying :) it just takes time to get the feeling , try slowing down to 9 , have fun with it , it will click !!!! I run a but load of weight , but that is just for a massive wave , it just takes practice , I started with totes of water on the swim deck for ballast and slowly added bags as we got better :)

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here is a couple picks of when we first started , all I had for ballast was two totes on the back swim deck , at the time I didn't want to spend a lot of money and like you I just wanted to try it and se if I could do it , it think it took all summer to go rope less , but I had fun trying !!!! And don't worry about going rope less at first , hold the rope and play around on the wave and just goof off it will come to you !!!image.jpg

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another , heck I didn't even have a cool life jacket at the time lol !!!image.jpg

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Awesome..how are the exhaust fumes right there?

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Never even paid attention , so I guess not to bad

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
put a 800lb bag in the ski locker...works wonders. @jdiaz78

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
There are a lot of factors that play into going ropeless like boat, ballast, board, rider (weight), depth of the lake. I rode behind a buddies stock AR240 w/ no ballast w/ six adults onboard and went ropeless no problem riding his Hyperlite landlock. I have a Slingshot SP 5.4" and love it.

Chris5105

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put that
Bag on the corner your surfing and keep trying :) it just takes time to get the feeling , try slowing down to 9 , have fun with it , it will click !!!! I run a but load of weight , but that is just for a massive wave , it just takes practice , I started with totes of water on the swim deck for ballast and slowly added bags as we got better :)
How much weight do you think you can get in the totes. We have been experimenting with surfing. Been using our kneeboard. Really want to buy an actual surfboard but just bought a super mable and wife won't let me spend more money on boat toys.

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
put a 800lb bag in the ski locker...works wonders. @jdiaz78
I filled up the locker today with water from my pump...didn't have a bag to put in there. It did make the wave bigger, but not enough to go rope less. I did have some slack in my line from time to time, but it quickly went away.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm afraid you'll need more ballast or friends! Some are running with 3000lbs!
3K lbs is just NUTZ. . . . .you should not need nearly double the boats capacity to let the rope go.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
3K lbs is just NUTZ. . . . .you should not need nearly double the boats capacity to let the rope go.
You don't but the more you have the bigger the push and pocket. My boat gets so full that it struggles to get on plane when wakeboarding. The wave is big.

Silverfish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was able to get a pretty decent surf wave with 1,950# of ballast when I had my 212X. That ballast plus 6 or 7 adults and a full ice chest worked the best. Just make sure to put one person in the bow on the side you are surfing. Makes the pocket longer and easier to surf. It takes a little time to get the feel of it. Remember that even purpose built wake boats have to fill up a ton of ballast to get a big surf wave.