• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Want To Buy Want to buy... '05-'09 SX230 or 232L

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Take a Jack and lug wrench, probably a few blocks of wood. A small tool box with the usual versatile tools. And always !!!! Always!!! Bungee cords and zip ties..

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
In Maryland we have to inspect our trailers for safety whenever they are sold. Eric told me part of the reason he would not come down was because he had to get the trailer inspected. I would bet that it will be in good shape for the ride.

I have driven that route many times. The Pennsylvania turnpike will be less than enjoyable dragging a trailer but you shouldn't have any issues at all with that tow vehicle. The biggest issue is the number of semi trucks and mountains. Just take your time and expect to average around 60MPH or so and you will be in good shape. Make sure that spare has plenty of air and you may even want to bring along a decent jack just in case. When I go on long trips I often toss my battery powered impact wrench and a flashlight in the back just in case.

Make sure to spend a couple of days in OC with your new boat and enjoy!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Stay off the WV. Turnpike, a semi caught on fire in the tunnel at the Wv. Va. Border looked bad from the pics I saw, I bet it will be closed a while.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats, @mark_m . May your boat bring you total satisfaction on lots and lots of family fun!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Stay off the WV. Turnpike, a semi caught on fire in the tunnel at the Wv. Va. Border looked bad from the pics I saw, I bet it will be closed a while.
Thanks @JC6275 I am still in the planning stages for the trip, hopefully 1st full week of August.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Good luck, hope all goes well!!!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Road trip tomorrow! Geeeked up!

Inventory: 2", 3" hitches, wrench to swap the ball out
Floor jack
Tools (sockets, wrenches, etc.)
Mallet
Noodles
Locking and standard pins for hitch
Breaker bar
Torque socket (cheapo, HF)
Flashlight
Bungee Cords (4)
Zip ties
Credit Cards
Swimsuit

What am I missing for 500+ mile road trip from, oc, md to cbus??

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
7 pin adapter for trailer lights

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Take some bungee straps and various zip ties.. I think I remember you saying you were getting a spare for the trailer, make sure it's the correct size before you leave with it.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Have adapter, zips & bungees... Keep it rolling in!!

Attachments

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Take some bungee straps and various zip ties.. I think I remember you saying you were getting a spare for the trailer, make sure it's the correct size before you leave with it.
Dealer is going to give (sell) me a spare for a 100.

:thumbsup: Bayside jet drive!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
You are going to be so "geeked up" to get there you might want to take this along!!!:D:p:mad::confused::DIMG_16875695413344.jpeg

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@JC6275 I have that on the list, but hopefully things all work out before starting the drive, lol

:confused::mad::eek::)

One more detail... Two piece snap cover for the trip. No poles for the long drive

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mark I might call Boat US and get the boat insured (if you have not already) and get the "Trailer Assist" towing service.
http://www.boatus.com/towing/trailerabout.asp

You can sign up tonite and be ready for the trip. A good "just in case" and then keep it for a year.

Give me a buzz when you get in. Check you PM for my cells. I'm headed home to Silver Spring tonite but coming back to OC tomorrow night before I head out of state for the weekend. I can meet you at Bayside Thur morning if you like and I have some of those orange "basic" life preservers for you to use and keep as extras, until you complete your stash.

Yamborghini

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Might want to consider a portable air pump? Have fun! Stay geeked up! I wish I were in your shoes! And as always, take plenty of pictures.

I'd also mention to the dealer that this site probably led to you buying their boat, if that is the case. More customers for them= more traffic here.