• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We may be selling our 2016 242 Limited S...

Peggy L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Were thinking of selling our 2016 242 limited s. How do we find interested buyers? Any advice? Anyone here interested? Thanks!

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi @Peggy L. You can post your boat in the Classified Ads section. Write up a listing with what's included and pictures are a good idea.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Why selling? Thats a nice boat!
If it's too big i could just trade ya! Lol

Peggy L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Were thinking of selling our 2016 242 limited s. How do we find interested buyers? Any advice? Anyone here interested? Thanks!
Hi @Peggy L. You can post your boat in the Classified Ads section. Write up a listing with what's included and pictures are a good idea.
Thank you.

Peggy L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Why selling? Thats a nice boat!
If it's too big i could just trade ya! Lol
Were thinking of selling because of all of the eel grass here. We hadn't realized how bad it was until we got our boat and used it. Still. It sure though. We do love it, but it's not really for boating here in Long Island where we boat.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
got any pics? I just bought my own summer home and currently in negotiations with my dad for our current boat. Guess I knew this was going to happen when you buy a boat together but I'm thinking of maybe upgrading and leaving him the current one. Is it an E series?

su laxplayer21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Were thinking of selling because of all of the eel grass here. We hadn't realized how bad it was until we got our boat and used it. Still. It sure though. We do love it, but it's not really for boating here in Long Island where we boat.
Where are you boating in Long Island? I am assuming somewhere on the south shore since this is the place where the eel grass is prevalent. The flat eel grass definitely has a tendency to get caught in the impeller and cause cavitation. However, as long as I steered clear of the big floating blobs of the grass I've never really had an issue.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Post your boat with pictures in the classified section here. Someone will jump on that boat if it's priced right. Good luck with the sale.:winkingthumbsup"

Peggy L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where are you boating in Long Island? I am assuming somewhere on the south shore since this is the place where the eel grass is prevalent. The flat eel grass definitely has a tendency to get caught in the impeller and cause cavitation. However, as long as I steered clear of the big floating blobs of the grass I've never really had an issue.
We boat on the south shore near Babylon. We stay away from blobs but there was just so much this year! When the engines sucked up eel grass and we had to shut them off and float around while getting it all out. It's not much fun when that happens. We love the boat otherwise. Wish we had a lake nearby or boated elsewhere. Are you in the south shore? Doesn't help that there's just so much eel grass in the marina that trying to get out most days is so bad.

Peggy L

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Post your boat with pictures in the classified section here. Someone will jump on that boat if it's priced right. Good luck with the sale.:winkingthumbsup"
I'll have to get my husband to do that. Thank you.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow, sorry to hear it. I boat in that area. Only had problems leaving the small channels where they gather. Usually find the open water fine.

Top Bottom