• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

We pulled the trigger

Boatingduck123

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well we went to the boat show today and ended up putting a deposit on the ar240 after spending another 5k on upgraded speakers and and tower speakers. I kept going back and forth with the 242 limited s and this one really liked the big screen in the limited. I can still change it since I am going next week to test drive it in the cold. Anyone have input that the 8000 more is worth it

Attachments

• F1424F59-740C-450A-9CA8-E067718CC858.jpeg
    F1424F59-740C-450A-9CA8-E067718CC858.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
Congrats. Some say you can upgrade components yourself for cheaper, others will tell you to just make the jump. Whatever you're comfortable with my man, you've got a beautiful boat either way.

Congrats! Beautiful Boat!

A few things you cannot change yourself. I think the big two are Big Screen and Fly by Wire throttle..someone else can add what else is non-economic to upgrade. The right answer is what works for you!!!

Congrats!

As a marine Luddite I say if you plan to keep it past the warranty coverage go with whichever model has the least amount of proprietary electronic stuff.

There is no wrong choice but get the best one you can comfortably afford. Don’t wish you had bought the more expensive one 1 month after buying and taking delivery of the other. Either would be awesome and congrats!

The $5K you're spending on speakers goes a long way to bridging the gap between the AR the Limited S if that's what you're thinking about.

I was there for a bit. I honestly couldn't find a good reason for the LS over the AR. More so if you have upgraded the speakers.

But then I ran into a 2018 LSE, just a bit more than the 2019s and with that huge bimini, the solar panel, the big screen and the e throttle... I felt like that was worth the uptick in price.

Back