• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Weather finally turning.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That’s awesome for you!

While the sun is higher in the sky this weather is keeping the water in a solid state.
92638871-9A82-47B2-B3E6-9F5ABFD97CB8.jpeg
7B255CE8-7539-4463-9DE0-161980145010.jpeg
7DFB54AE-A76C-4B09-AB67-A412FE36941F.png

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
I hope we have good weekend boating weather in the Carolinas this year. Last year it was extremely windy, or raining many times on weekends. I was only out on the water about half the times over the previous year, and it wasn’t because of my time schedule. It seemed like it was beautiful during the week, and then bad for Saturday and Sunday.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
@Mesa50 Agreed, I think I put on 20 hours last year. It was a shame.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I hope we have good weekend boating weather in the Carolinas this year. Last year it was extremely windy, or raining many times on weekends. I was only out on the water about half the times over the previous year, and it wasn’t because of my time schedule. It seemed like it was beautiful during the week, and then bad for Saturday and Sunday.
Ah, the good ol company rain 🌧 ☔. When alls you gots is lemons 🍋 make lemonade! Where I live it can be sunny and hot then a thunderstorm blows in drops the temp from 90°-60° in five mins or less. I learned to keep rain gear on board and a layer of clothes. Usually after a hour or so the thunderstorm blows away, the sun comes back out and the temp rises back up to 90°, but not always, sometimes it stays cool and rainy.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Right?

Last year I had 39 boating days, the year before it was 47… I should have had 49+++ but my 14 day trip to Lake Oahe got postponed by outside forces… this year I’m shooting for at least 50 boating days, 60 would be even better, and more overnight stays! My local lakes are 10 mins and 20 mins away, there are two others that are 1.5 hours away, when I go to those lakes Imma try and stay overnight to make the most of the longer drive. Lake Oahe is 3.5 hours so that takes a different approach..

Get some really good rain gear that has zip in thermal liners. There is nothing like a great set of rain gear that’s comfortable, it’s a grip $$$ for sure, but what a great tool to have in your kit, makes all the difference. A great set of rain gear also doubles as the ultimate set of windbreaker gear. Frogg Togg, AFTCO, SIMMS etc all make good sets. Frogg Togg is still trying to get rid of their Co Pilot II rain gear and puts them on sale at different times, usually if you buy the Z jacket you can get the bibs for free.

And get whatever other gear you need to not let the weather keep you from going out! Nice thing about crappy weather days on the weekends is there are wayyy less people out on the water. @Julian and a couple others had some canvas made with eisenglass panels for those cool rainy days. Getting out in the shoulder seasons extends the fun and keeps the $ per hour of fun ratio low!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just means I need to get my crap together and get the boat ready. Need to wrap up my ballast install, which likely will include external timers and switches (ugh), change the oil/spark plugs, pull the rub rail back to about where the tower is and seal that up with some 4200, install push button fender "cleats", etc.....Good grief! Looking to take off most of Thurs this week to get started on some of that. Need to just start chipping away. It's tough when storage is close to an hour round trip. Then it's nearly 2 hours of just getting it to/from storage.

CaptRedbeard

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just means I need to get my crap together and get the boat ready. Need to wrap up my ballast install, which likely will include external timers and switches (ugh), change the oil/spark plugs, pull the rub rail back to about where the tower is and seal that up with some 4200, install push button fender "cleats", etc.....Good grief! Looking to take off most of Thurs this week to get started on some of that. Need to just start chipping away. It's tough when storage is close to an hour round trip. Then it's nearly 2 hours of just getting it to/from storage.
Same here with the project list. My boat is locked away in winter storage and I can't get it until April, so I'm going to be a busy guy when I can finally pull it home and start working.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Water near 70 air close to, 80 in my office today.

Attachments

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad for you guys, I'm in there with @FSH 210 Sport . We still have some Winter to deal with up here.

Screenshot_20230221-061605_AccuWeather.jpg

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That is why I left Mass back in 1972 when I was 20 years old I decided enough was enough.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I'm guessing HOA rules and you cant keep it at the house? if that is that case, that was the reason we got the 19' back when we lived in Zebulon. Now that I'm in Hampstead, many of the HOAs allow for boats in the driveway. That is the case here, almost every other house in my neighborhood has a boat in the driveway.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm guessing HOA rules and you cant keep it at the house? if that is that case, that was the reason we got the 19' back when we lived in Zebulon. Now that I'm in Hampstead, many of the HOAs allow for boats in the driveway. That is the case here, almost every other house in my neighborhood has a boat in the driveway.
There's the HOA requirement, but I also don't want it in my driveway. Both our vehicles can fit in our garage and I'd like them to be able to stay there. I can have my boat out for a few days to a week at a time if I wanted before the HOA would say anything. I have a sewer easement next to my house, so I can't have a driveway/parking pad paved there. That would be great as I could leave the boat there per HOA rules for a longer period of time cause it wouldn't be "in front of our house" and not parked on "grass" but it would also not block the garage. My storage is indoors which I prefer, just wish it wasn't so far away. There are closer options, but they're also $400-500 a month.

I also have little shithead neighbor kids that like to mess with stuff. They don't intentionally break things, but can't keep their shithooks to themselves. One of them wanted to go and hangout on the boat so he attempted to take the cover off. Well if you're 7 you don't necessarily have the brains to properly get the mooring cover off you don't get too far. The few times I've left it uncovered I've found dirty footprints from those jackwagons that have wanted to climb in my boat but I went inside and/or ran to the parts store to grab something. I'm OCD about my stuff so those little kids give me crazy anxiety. One time we had our jeep parked out front and the dickbag decided to sit on the hood. Which I yelled out the door to GTFO! And WTF is wrong with you? LOL! My kid who is about their age is generally the voice of reason. "You might not wanna do that my dad is going to kill you". LOL! Unfortunately they rarely listen to him. To which he removes himself from the situation cause he doesn't want to get in trouble.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Every year around this time I get excited. The weather is starting to finally come around again.

View attachment 194613
Same here.. should be 80 deg here this week but back into the 50s after that. Just did the oil change yesterday so I’m ready for the season to start.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
There's the HOA requirement, but I also don't want it in my driveway. Both our vehicles can fit in our garage and I'd like them to be able to stay there. I can have my boat out for a few days to a week at a time if I wanted before the HOA would say anything. I have a sewer easement next to my house, so I can't have a driveway/parking pad paved there. That would be great as I could leave the boat there per HOA rules for a longer period of time cause it wouldn't be "in front of our house" and not parked on "grass" but it would also not block the garage. My storage is indoors which I prefer, just wish it wasn't so far away. There are closer options, but they're also $400-500 a month.

I also have little shithead neighbor kids that like to mess with stuff. They don't intentionally break things, but can't keep their shithooks to themselves. One of them wanted to go and hangout on the boat so he attempted to take the cover off. Well if you're 7 you don't necessarily have the brains to properly get the mooring cover off you don't get too far. The few times I've left it uncovered I've found dirty footprints from those jackwagons that have wanted to climb in my boat but I went inside and/or ran to the parts store to grab something. I'm OCD about my stuff so those little kids give me crazy anxiety. One time we had our jeep parked out front and the dickbag decided to sit on the hood. Which I yelled out the door to GTFO! And WTF is wrong with you? LOL! My kid who is about their age is generally the voice of reason. "You might not wanna do that my dad is going to kill you". LOL! Unfortunately they rarely listen to him. To which he removes himself from the situation cause he doesn't want to get in trouble.
WOWZERS! yeah I don't know if I could deal with kids like that either. I hear that.

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Same here.. should be 80 deg here this week but back into the 50s after that. Just did the oil change yesterday so I’m ready for the season to start.
I've been itching so bad to go out, I might go on Sunday just to cruise around for a bit.