• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Weekend wrapup

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Friday. Sams club then draw up a set of plans for Bahama Shutters for the house.

Saturday. A supplies run then finish the repair and cleaning of the floor of the cistern. Cut grass.

Sunday. Lay on the Sunny Dry on the cistern floor. One more coat next weekend then plumb the water pickup and that project is done.

Not much in the way of fun.

How was your weekend?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Pretty tame weekend for us... boat is still in the shop.

Friday - got drunk at the local pizza bar my friends own.

Saturday - Had the day off so ran errands with the fiance. Found a bunch of Meguiar's product clearance for 50% off at Target, so stocked up on ClayBars and Wax. Then picked up and cleaned the house.

Sunday - Cut the grass, put away all the storm shutters and sand bags from Irma, picked up a new basket and o-ring for the pool pump (been loosing water like crazy, hope this helps) went to Chili's to watch the Bucs get their ass-kicked... then had some friends over for more football and pumpkin carving.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Pretty boring here too....

• Fixed the lawn that the neighbors tree removal guys tore up
  • installed a couple more Lutron wireless switches for my home automation
  • Partied with the neighbors
  • Thought about going out to the boat...then was begged to go buy a pumpkin and carve it before I go to India this week (arrive back day before Halloween)
  • Carved pumpkin....
  • Watch the Cubs lose twice...drowned sorrows....

tim h

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Trophy
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Friday
Date night with my oldest(youngest was at Epcot with her school, my wife was a chaperone.) Her birthday was last week. So her pick last week was Chinese Friday was Taco Bell. Then off to buy some supplies for her birthday sleep-over party.

Saturday
Birthday sleepover for Alexa. Not too bad only 6 extra girls. She had invited 12.... Whew dodged one there.

Sunday
Breakfast for the girls. Then off on a motorcycle ride with a buddy to go visit a friend in Homosassa. Took in some Nascar and and the highlights of the Packer game. Made it home with only getting some light rain. It had clearly poured minutes prior... Dodged one there too !

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Friday: Took the day off to get some things done around the house. Starting to prep for Winter. Went to my 10-year-old's parent-teacher conference (only because the Wife didn't want to drag him to all the other kid's conferences so we drove separate). They do something a little different at his school: He had to present his work to us. He had all the time he wanted and the teachers stopped in and said their peace but otherwise it was his show. Beforehand he kept telling us how nervous he was and he just wanted to get it over with. Then he got so excited telling us about his math and science work that he almost made Chris late for her other conferences!

Other than that it was store the sailboat and bring the lawn furniture up to the storage unit. Work continues on my shop and garage...

Saturday: John's Birthday (he turned 14). While he was sleeping in, I had chow with my buddy and helped him out with a little project he's got going at his house. After that I headed to Fleet Farm and noted that a pistol I had been looking at was on sale for $50 off the regular price AND they were giving out $25 gift cards on all purchases over $300. Hmmm.....

Went home and cleaned my new gun.

Later we picked up John's buddies and we went to the "Garcade" in Menominee Falls. They have all of the old arcade games from the 80's. You pay $15 for a wrist-band at the door. All machines are set to "free play" or have a little button next to the coin slot that you hit to get a credit. It was awesome. The boys enjoyed it of course but I was surprised to see my wife and 15 year old daughter having a ball playing Super Mario. Mary got a kick out of the old-school stuff. Katie was mad though. She missed it because she had to work.

The remainder of the evening was spent trying to tolerate 4 14-year-old boys being - well - 14-year-old boys in my house. I spent most of it hiding in the garage or down the basement playing with my new toy.

Sunday: Chris and I have had some sort of "bug" for a few days now and it was really acting up on Sunday so we laid pretty low. In the afternoon I bit the bullet and went up to the storage unit and brought home the harbinger of all that is evil: The Snowthrower! (Cue the pipe organ: Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnn!)