• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wet slipping

Davej

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Can these jet boats be wet slipped through the summer in salt? Bottom will be painted and boat taken out every two three weeks for cleaning. Eastern LI, NY

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Most people will not recommend wet slipping these boats in salt water. Can it be done....sure, but the pumps will take a beating. I'd look into a floating lift of some kind before I ever left the boat in a salt water wet slip for the summer. I wet slip in fresh water and still use an Airdock.

Davej

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most people will not recommend wet slipping these boats in salt water. Can it be done....sure, but the pumps will take a beating. I'd look into a floating lift of some kind before I ever left the boat in a salt water wet slip for the summer. I wet slip in fresh water and still use an Airdock.

Davej

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is a 2019 Yamaha SFH. Pumps taking a beating through electrolysis? Can the anodes be beefed up?

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I live in an area of Brackish water not even full on salt and the growth that occurs on the pumps is really fast. In one week of sitting in my slip it took about an hour to get the pumps clean and all the barnacles knocked off the pumps. I won't leave mine in my slip anymore then 2-3 days until I get a lift installed. Yes you can do it but its just going to require more cleaning and maintenance then you will find its likely worth.

Davej

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks a lot for the heads up. I really like the FSH 21 Yamaha. I saw it at the N Y Boat show. I’ve been boating almost 50 years,Had them all. Just want to be simple and easy now. Staying in the bay now. Thought it was an option.not into trailering never was. Thanks for your input 👍🏻

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks a lot for the heads up. I really like the FSH 21 Yamaha. I saw it at the N Y Boat show. I’ve been boating almost 50 years,Had them all. Just want to be simple and easy now. Staying in the bay now. Thought it was an option.not into trailering never was. Thanks for your input 👍🏻
I agree on the wanting it to be easy. Is there a dry storage rack near you as that is always a good option.

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm also out on the East End of LI. I trailer my SX195 (like hitting the sound, GSB and Peconic) and if you want to wet slip I would highly recommend the floating/air docks listed from a previous poster. They're not too pricey, the boat is light enough to utilize and they will save your pumps. Unfortunately these aren't like typical outboards where you can keep the outdrive out of the water and the only thing that takes a beating is the hull.

I trailer my boat, and I'm super particular as the boat gets a full flush and a full wash after every single use. I have about 40hrs through the first summer and the boat still looks brand new. Basic maintenance can go a long way on the longevity of these boats from everything I have seen and read.