• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What a cool website...

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow, what a cool website. I recognize many names on here and am glad to have found this site.

So, onto the fun...should I buy Cobra Jets or Thrust Vectors? Just kidding, but seriously which ones?

Chad

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome Aboard, Thanks for joining us!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Either! Look in the vendor links page!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome!

Take from the guy who has the smallest fins they make, pick one and go have fun.:cool:

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you all for the prompt replies and advice. I already have fins, I was just kidding around on what kind to buy. I'm just waiting on some warmer weather so I can get back onto the water :)

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well welcome aboard then!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ha ha, if you have them then take them off. No need for fins, these are jets. Years of owning an LS? No fins. In fact, my ball and chain and little girls could even put the LS rocket onto the trailer. Then, when I purchased my SX230, it came with fins. I tried them for one day to see what the fuss was all about that I have read about for years in other places. Guess what? Off they came the next day. Still haven't noticed a difference. There is no need for fins. Just learn how to operate the boat the way it was meant. For you folks just checking out the debate, try your boat for a season. Odds are you will find no fins are needed. These are an extremely well (and over) marketed item with a huge profit margin, but you simply do not need them. Don't buy into the "fear." Learn how to feather those throttles and work them together and separately. I will give you that perhaps, as you are gliding to stop not under power, it may give you a tiny bit of control for few seconds, but think of the physics. A 3200 pound hunk of boat, slowing to a stop? How much "control" in forward motion are 4 tiny pieces of fin going to provide against all that forward momentum. Very little. Hence, the "slow speed" assist. Other than this, save your money.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree OCMD! I had fins on my SX230 and when I bought my 2012 AR240 I decided I would not get the fins at first. I actually love the ability to spin the boat around. When I pull up to docks and do the maneuvers people just look at me like how in the world...then they realize its a jet boat! I can nearly make it look like I have a bow thruster!

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to yet another refugee!

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian, I boat at Jordan Lake mostly. We've met up at Falls a couple of times over the years, but yes we need to get together.

@OCMD & @CDENsomnia , haha you fallen prey to my trap :devilhorns: I bought my boat in 2009 and made my decision a few years ago. Not to ruin the joke by explaining it...but if you do some searching you can find endless debates about fins / no fins / Cobra / Thrust Vectors / blah / blah / blah. I now regret making the comment and am considering banning myself for doing such a thing :dead:.

leeatmg

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian, I boat at Jordan Lake mostly. We've met up at Falls a couple of times over the years, but yes we need to get together.

@OCMD & @CDENsomnia , haha you fallen prey to my trap :devilhorns: I bought my boat in 2009 and made my decision a few years ago. Not to ruin the joke by explaining it...but if you do some searching you can find endless debates about fins / no fins / Cobra / Thrust Vectors / blah / blah / blah. I now regret making the comment and am considering banning myself for doing such a thing :dead:.
@Chadrock - I don't know...on the one hand, this all got started because there was a desire for freedom from the threat of banning. On the other hand, don't know if someone should have the freedom to ban themselves. It's a dilemma! Maybe we need a poll! :rolleyes:

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome chad. Glad you found us. I still haven't decided what oil to use? What's your opinion? :confused:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian new website, new name :) I see lots of yammies on Jordan, hopefully we can draw them in.

@itsdgm I see what you are doing there :angelic: And I will only say that I follow the mfg recommended service intervals :winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length