• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What brand/type of swivel board rack is best?

JDF1966

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I need to know what type of wake board rack to purchase for my 2016 242 SE series. I just need one that swivels.
Any suggestions????

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I bought these on an Overton’s 20% off sale. Used 1/16 rubber sheet that I cut for a shim. Love them.

TOGA

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ditto on Monster. Love 'em.

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I contacted monster because on my 2015 AR240 the tower diameter is 1-7/8 or 2-3/8. Cody said their mount for the rack you described is strictly for 2-1/2 towers. I asked him if I could use an insert on it and he said no guarantees. I know Somebody else on this forum ordered direct from Monsters sister company with the right mount but when I contacted them they said they can no longer sell direct. Do you have these on a 1-7/8 tower with their 2-1/2 mount and insert? I really like the design but Cody at Monster got me worried they wouldn't work.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian I contacted monster because on my 2015 AR240 the tower diameter is 1-7/8 or 2-3/8. Cody said their mount for the rack you described is strictly for 2-1/2 towers. I asked him if I could use an insert on it and he said no guarantees. I know Somebody else on this forum ordered direct from Monsters sister company with the right mount but when I contacted them they said they can no longer sell direct. Do you have these on a 1-7/8 tower with their 2-1/2 mount and insert? I really like the design but Cody at Monster got me worried they wouldn't work.
My boat came with racks....I was just responding with info I gleaned from other posts for the OP

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Might have been me?
https://jetboaters.net/threads/2015-ar240-wakeboard-surfboard-tower-rack-a-beautiful-pair.12723/

x10 on those racks, I've had different kinds over the years - those are the first I truly like.

--

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Yeah it was you. I called everybody you listed. I couldn't get them to change the mount. I still haven't ordered them because I'm not sure if they will work. Do you think they will hold with inserts?

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mainah that's great. I want these racks but man I didn't want to take the risk. Cody at Monster said the rubber would cause them to slip. So I was pondering if it was just a sales pitch or infact they would.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah that's great. I want these racks but man I didn't want to take the risk. Cody at Monster said the rubber would cause them to slip. So I was pondering if it was just a sales pitch or infact they would.
There is a set screw. It seemed to toruqe down into the rubber just fine but if needed just buy a longer set screw. I do think there is too much gap for these to work well on a ar tower without that specific clamp size.

Last edited:

Bearsar240

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mainah What diameter is your tower? It's safe to say not 1-7/8, is it 2-3/8. I was thinking of having a plastic insert made. Man you broke my heart I'm back to pondering.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
My tower is 2 3/8. The clamp is huge as it is given the way it is machined. Even if a shim worked it would look weird on a 1 7/8 tower. Ar 240 towers are 1 7/8, 242 ls, 242 se, and 242 x towers are 2 3/8.