• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What ever happened to... fill in name)

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was scrolling through some old threads the other day and noticed there are quite a few people who used to be very active here that have not been in 1-2+ years...

I don't want to sound like a stalker, but it got me wondering what happened to many of those formerly very active people... I wonder if they sold their boats or, just don't participate on the site anymore...

Just a random thought...carry on...
Maybe they move to bigger and better things!! LOL

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As someones already touched on, people come and go with selling their boat and life just gets in the way. I'm very strict on myself regarding social media, my son's suggested numerous times to get on Facebook but I'm resisting adamantly. I just find sitting in front of a screen or keeping your head down, my life passes by too quick, it also restricts you physically from the real world.

One of the main reasons I keep returning to this forum is the people and ease of use, I'm a member on other forums but the software they run the site with is agonising, no notifications of posts and even still using a photo host!!
A few guys on here have asked if they can stay even after selling their boat but they don't frequent as much as they did when they had their boat.

Unless I'm taken out without knowing I'll defiantly be on here one way or another, if only to say hi :D.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used to be an addict here. Now, I only frequent occasionally and first time posting in over a year. Now addicted to the Grand Design RV sites.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I used to be an addict here. Now, I only frequent occasionally and first time posting in over a year. Now addicted to the Grand Design RV sites.
I am a member of the Heartland community camper forum but still not as fun as this one.

CDENsomnia

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I am a member of the Heartland community camper forum but still not as fun as this one.
I'm on the Heartland forums too but man there is not near the activity as this one and they have what I would imagine to be way more members! ;)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The volume of posting here is definitely seasonal, and yes, some people do move on to other hobbies....

As you can see, we are on the spring upswing.....and growing year over year at a good pace!

Active users over 3 years.JPG

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is crazy the peak in 2014, shortly after starting, is now considered the slow time in 2017

Skysurfer2010

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I haven't been too active in quite a while. For me I did all the mods I wanted within the first two seasons of owning it so I don't really browse the forum as much anymore. I still use the boat just as often, however I do see myself getting into a newer 32 to 38 foot cruiser in the relatively near future. I love my Yam but I really want something I can spend a weekend on.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still use the boat just as often, however I do see myself getting into a newer 32 to 38 foot cruiser in the relatively near future. I love my Yam but I really want something I can spend a weekend on.
We do both! So does @farrelltravis ! Sleeping out on the water is awesome! A little more maintenance involved then our bulletproof Yamahas, but it's all worth it.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cruiser life is great. The Yamaha life is great too. But, sleeping to the gentle rocking of a floating boat with AC is pretty dang nice.