• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is everyone footing for batteries

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
So I have 2019 scarab 195 open ID came with 1 battery (Duracell 800cc starting battery) well is 6 month old battery and it’s junk. Batteries plus won’t exchange it so replacing and adding a second battery.
SO what are you all running and also are you all just running a dual battery isolator switch or running a isolator with the SI-ACR?(use full?)

Attachments

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Duracell AGM. Great price at sams club, never lets me down and we often float for 5-6+ hours at a time.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Me too! Duracell AGM Deep Cycle Batteries (2). No issues.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Costco Marine Deep Cycle (I believe they are Interstates)(2). With the Blue Sea ACR. Love it, cheap and no problems.

TimW451

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Deka Marine. 2 starting batteries. Dont need an AGM, but I wouldn’t mind 1 starting and 1 deep cycle battery next time. (Boat came to me this way) I'd buy Deka batteries.

I have a dual battery switch with a VSR. (Also inherited.)
9FD1B9A1-CFAE-4E64-81AA-E5B4EC1B62C0.jpeg

Last edited:

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Group 24 Deka marine is what the dealer put in my boat when I picked it up a month ago. Before it goes in the water next season those are the first things being replaced with a pair of group 31 odysseys. Dekas would be fine in an older non computerized boat like my 232. With the newer boats and the computer and electro hyd systems i just wont trust it. Batteries need to be top notch for that stuff to work right. Odysseys are expensive no doubt but on a boat where you have systems that need reliable power to operate correctly its kind of a no brainer. You will get twice the life out of them and they recharge 3-4 times faster as well so if you dont have an on board charger, its a smart move.

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
So I have 2019 scarab 195 open ID came with 1 battery (Duracell 800cc starting battery) well is 6 month old battery and it’s junk. Batteries plus won’t exchange it so replacing and adding a second battery.
SO what are you all running and also are you all just running a dual battery isolator switch or running a isolator with the SI-ACR?(use full?)
@Stang7tl ..... I like the AGM battery chemistry and I use the best of the AGM line the AGM TPPL. The maker I chose was NorthStar but PennDeka are great too.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Costco, Interstate Marine M24. Cheap and OK at 75 +fees+ tax, just under $90 each.. Duracell AGM looks awesome on paper and is well reviewed but costs double that. If you don't play music for a long time the Interstate is more than sufficient. They wear from old age more than anything, and they all get old. I prefer to pay $75 and swap when they go bad, somewhere between 3 and 5 years usually. By having 2 batteries I have an outing every so often when one battery is weak or dead. No problem, second battery saves the day, check and recharge, or swap if bad.

Second battery is very nice to have, good choice.

I just added an ACR after having had just a 1-2-All switch. It's nice because you don't have to remember to actuate the switch to charge both batteries, but then swap back to 1 or 2 to ensure you don't drain all the juice. Up to you. You can add switch alone and add ACR later, or do it all now. Can't go wrong either way.

Tjw961

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just upgraded from two battery configuration to three, having now two house batteries vs. just one. On house side went from group size 24 to 27 with Sam's Duracell marine deep cycle batteries. Lower cost per battery to me makes sense since they all go bad eventually anyways. Have onboard Minn Kota 3 battery charger and keep plugged in anytime boat is not in use. Power solved!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have the Deka's that came from the dealer when I bought it still installed and running always on ACR or shore power or tender over the winter.

When they die, I typically buy a warrantied marine battery from Advance Auto.