• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is the name of this valve?

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am trying to find a replacement for a broken valve on a tube; it is not the threaded, boston valve style, but the older two piece style stopper. Does anyone know the name and/or where I can get a replacement?

Thank you!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm not sure what it's called, but if the black part is what you need, I think I might have one in the garage I took off an old tube and threw in my "random hardware box". I'll check when I get home.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I've got one. Send me an address and I get it shipped out to you. Shouldn't be more than $1-2 shipping.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome, thank you! Address sent!

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did a bit more searching this morning, and found out that at least one version is patented by Airhead, and is called the "Speed Safety Valve". Link below for anyone who may need it in the future. That should also work on the Sportsstuff brands, I believe.

Speed Safety Valve Replacement

Mine is slightly different, and on a WOW (World of Watersports) brand tube. I will check the sizes of both brands and see if they are in fact compatible... The worldofwatersports.com website is being flaky, so if they sell the valves, too, I was not able to find them... however, they do appear to be available from alibaba (min order is 100 and slowboat from China):

New Speed Safety Air Valve For Inflatable Toy Boat Pool Products - Buy Safety Valve For Inflatable Products,Plastic Air Valve,Safety Small Plastic Air Valves Product on Alibaba.com

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Here are the measurements on what I have.

1560722771262.jpg1560722734685.jpg1560722700107.jpg

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just checked the dimensions of the black one from my WOW tube, as well as the red one from a Sportsstuff Poparazzi; both match the dimensions shown by F.M. above, so they should be interchangable.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
@JDFester

I dropped it in the mail this afternoon. I'll PM you the tracking #.

JDFester

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome. Thank you!!!