• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is this box?

Milligsc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Behing helm on 2016 my 242 LSE. Has manual and electronic operation switches.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Does it look like this?

Under that are the servos that move the gates. You can take the cover off and manually move the gates to forward in the event of a problem with the servos. I gather your dealership didn't cover that with you when they turned the boat over??? :-(

Milligsc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys, bought the boat used. So these are in case the black box stops working. Interesting backup plan.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks guys, bought the boat used. So these are in case the black box stops working. Interesting backup plan.
I picked up my new-to-me boat yesterday. I saw that box in the helm and asked the dealer what it was. He said it was the stereo amp so I believed him. Today I was getting to know the new boat and wanted to see how the amp was wired, only to see this. I'll have to figure out how this works too.

Q: I couldn't find an audio amp on my 2018 242 LSE. Wasn't this model supposed to have one? If I missed it, where did they put it?

@Julian @jacoviii

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I picked up my new-to-me boat yesterday. I saw that box in the helm and asked the dealer what it was. He said it was the stereo amp so I believed him. Today I was getting to know the new boat and wanted to see how the amp was wired, only to see this. I'll have to figure out how this works too.

Q: I couldn't find an audio amp on my 2018 242 LSE. Wasn't this model supposed to have one? If I missed it, where did they put it?

@Julian @jacoviii
There's no amp.... a couple of us looking at adding an amp and speakers to an '18 242 right now. The Fusion head unit on the swim deck is the "amp"..... Only the X model has a separate amp.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There's no amp.... a couple of us looking at adding an amp and speakers to an '18 242 right now. The Fusion head unit on the swim deck is the "amp"..... Only the X model has a separate amp.
I thought that was the likely answer. I've been on the web and phone for most of the day. NO ONE seems to have a JL M800/8 or even a crazy priced JL MV800/8. Even JL speakers seem to have very low availability.

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I thought that was the likely answer. I've been on the web and phone for most of the day. NO ONE seems to have a JL M800/8 or even a crazy priced JL MV800/8. Even JL speakers seem to have very low availability.
Wow, you’re going all out! Nice!

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length