• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

what is your favorite dish at Thanksgiving?

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine is my grandmothers / Aunt liver dumplings. I know it sounds gross but they are the bomb

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
uggggh so many choices and my stomach already feels full!!!

good stuffing and gravy,
candied yams
yams with marshmellows

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The leftovers! Take some thin slices of turkey and cornbread dressing, warm up in the microwave. Put some mayo on a slice of bread, stack the turkey, then cornbread dressing, then a thin slice of cranberry, and a slice of American cheese. Omg I can't wait!!!!

Be sure to set your bathroom scales back 10 lbs. tonight in preparation for the Holidays!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I love most of it....but @BigN8 and I are on the same track.....in England there is a dish called Bubble and Squeak....you take all the leftovers and dice it up and throw it in a frying pan with some egg....it all bubbles and squeaks when you cook it.

Typically I throw in diced turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, some veggies....heat up your frying pan, toss it all in and crack the eggs (# dependant on how much you are cooking - I am usually cooking for 3, so put in 3 eggs). Mix it up and let it sit cooking....brown it and turn it over a few times....YUMMMM

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Thanksgiving? Pumpkin pie
Christmas? Peanut butter balls in chocolate (lots of names for these)

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is my grandmothers / Aunt liver dumplings. I know it sounds gross but they are the bomb
Omg! I love liver dumplings, it must be a Midwest thing, my grandmother used to make them in Chicago.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I love most of it....but @BigN8 and I are on the same track.....in England there is a dish called Bubble and Squeak....you take all the leftovers and dice it up and throw it in a frying pan with some egg....it all bubbles and squeaks when you cook it.

Typically I throw in diced turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, some veggies....heat up your frying pan, toss it all in and crack the eggs (# dependant on how much you are cooking - I am usually cooking for 3, so put in 3 eggs). Mix it up and let it sit cooking....brown it and turn it over a few times....YUMMMM
Now wait just a doggone minute! England doesn't have thanksgiving! lol maybe it is just a show of support for ours? Seriously, I am on the same page with both @Julian and @BigN8 , the "everyday is thanksgiving sandwich" is great! But my true favorite is my moms baked cheese grits, a staple at thanksgiving and xmas since I was young. But how can we pick just one? Turkey, dressing, mashed taters, gravy! Sounds like a good start, right?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Now wait just a doggone minute! England doesn't have thanksgiving! lol maybe it is just a show of support for ours? Seriously, I am on the same page with both @Julian and @BigN8 , the "everyday is thanksgiving sandwich" is great! But my true favorite is my moms baked cheese grits, a staple at thanksgiving and xmas since I was young. But how can we pick just one? Turkey, dressing, mashed taters, gravy! Sounds like a good start, right?
England doesn't have a thanksgiving...but my parents brought their English cooking traditions with them!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It is too hard to choose just one but definitely something that @Rana cooked!

image.jpeg

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe @Rana's pies still have the edge but @txav8r talked me through using an Egg for the first time last night and the product is looking pretty good. You may notice that part of one of the hams was harvested for breakfast.

image.jpeg

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Julian sounded so different and yummy I just mixed it up and it was a nice dish. Thanks for the idea.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Those hams and turkey look like they turned out great @Bruce . How was the moisture content of the bird? One of our sons cooked his first turkey in their new to them home and Clara went (I was flying). But they have all the leftovers and a second turkey that they had, so he is cooking again today so I am going to get a thanksgiving meal after all!

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r, the turkey was great. I got a late start on smoking since I had to go out and buy the new smoker. I had to cut one of the hams. We left he other in the egg and it fell apart later in the day.

My family prefers the ham when they fall apart and the fat is almost entirely cooked away.