• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What is your go-to boating shoe

meegwell

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Except bare feet…

whether you remove them on the boat or not. Do you like them because they handle getting wet well? Good grip? Support when jockeying around doing boat things? What are your reasons?

In the summer I wear Denali sandals. They have almost a boot tread and if I don’t tighten the draw string they slip on and off easy and are comfortable enough for decent length walk.

Sandals for the 1/4 mile walk to the dock. If it’s warm and we’re just cruising, I’m probably barefoot. If it’s cold, or we’re fishing, I’ll put on my Huks. Kids got them for me for Christmas. Way more comfortable than i expected, with or without socks. Good grip, good support, good protection.

5763BE34-AD37-4875-AE11-DBCFCFB49678.jpeg

Barefoot, Reef sandals or Sperry 7 seas shoes.

Sandals for the 1/4 mile walk to the dock. If it’s warm and we’re just cruising, I’m probably barefoot. If it’s cold, or we’re fishing, I’ll put on my Huks. Kids got them for me for Christmas. Way more comfortable than i expected, with or without socks. Good grip, good support, good protection.

View attachment 178347

These look like some good deck shoes… do they make your feet sweat?

I bought some cheapo self bailing shoes at fleet farm that are mesh on top with a draw string closure.

A decent shoe that does provide good grip on the deck and keep your feet pretty dry after submersion. The only draw back is the darn biting flies can get through the mesh.

usually my birthday shoes or Reef Leather fanning sandals... I keep an old pair on the boat(s)...

Sperry sandals for personal usage. Columbia water shoes for professional usage. The Columbia has phenomenal grip and are a sneaker so great protection for shells/barnicales/glass/etc.

Similar to this:

OluKai Ulele, I leave on the boat. Love them, super comfortable. Or the OluKai Kipuka Hulu, really light and ultra comfy.

Except bare feet…

whether you remove them on the boat or not. Do you like them because they handle getting wet well? Good grip? Support when jockeying around doing boat things? What are your reasons?
I had to buy a pair of "water shoes" to hike up Dunns River Falls in Jamaica in Feb of '20. So I got a pair of these.

1653061197572.png

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CSMX4KQ/

I fully expected them to be single time use and throw them away. They have become my "go to" outdoor shoe. I can wear them without socks and my feet don't stink. They've held up really well to pretty abusive use. Launching the boat is much more comfortable since i can just walk down in the water without losing traction, and without soaking tennis shoes, or leather sandals, or any other material. My only complaint is that the soles like to "grab" gravel and carry it along with you. I have to constantly "pick out" the little rocks if I'm around much gravel.

Overall, they're a great "all around" water shoe. Look decent as well with a pair of boardshorts and a light button down Aloha shirt!

Boat Shoe? Out here jus use "rubbah-slippah", works for boat an for whackin' da' "B-52's".

(translation: Flip Flops & Giant Roaches)

Aloha's!

Back