• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What'd you pay for your Scarab?

olyscarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I am not seeing any discounts and only mark ups it seems with the shortage. Or perhaps it's because I'm looking for a specific combination. Ended up modifying one of the dealer's orders 100 miles away (actually the two closest dealers to Olympia, WA are 100+ miles north or 100+ miles south). They're getting a 300hp 195 ID and we customized it with our build - no tower, marine mat throughout, sound and speed packages, versa lounge, bow filler, table and I think that's about it. $57K includes freight. Freight and set up for all dealers in Pacific Northwest for the 195 is right at $4,500 I saw. And trust me, I looked and called every dealer in WA, ID, OR, CA, NV, CO, AZ and even some in TX. Most boats are 200 or 250hp so the 300 was tough to find or they had the tower and low $60K. We don't wake board or surf.

Anyone in my area have better luck? We put $1,000 down and now waiting until August and hoping no more delays.

Cabin2010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Were in Portland, so same area ended up going to Kennewick to get our 195, boat prices are crazy, while we got a screaming deal on ours it took months to find a boat that worked for us.

olyscarab

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Were in Portland, so same area ended up going to Kennewick to get our 195, boat prices are crazy, while we got a screaming deal on ours it took months to find a boat that worked for us.
I called every dealer probably west of the Mississippi (no exaggeration). Couldn't find what we wanted, but also really didn't see any in-stock or dealers willing to modify any incoming order, except for Portland. Mt. Vernon and Prosser WA dealers didn't even want to discuss an order until announcement of 2022 models in August. Well by then we would likely be looking at late 2022 (another year) before getting one so Portland it was/is. Now that I look at what used ones are going for, I think about $1,000 over MSRP is not bad since that also includes freight and freight everywhere on this side of the country was $3500.

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2021 215ID with the following for $78k out the door including all taxes and fees. When I build it on Scarab's website it comes out to an MSRP of $82k without freight and prep of course.

Twin 250 engines
Wake tower
Extended swim platform
Marine Mat on Swim deck/platform but not in boat (.....yet)
Upgraded JL audio stereo including tower speakers
Removed impulse graphics and replaced with raised chrome Scarab logo and lettering on both sides.

Pretty much the only things it doesn't have are...

ballast system
flat screen for captains controls
versa loung rear seatingtempImagegFfj7Y.png

shadynasty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
I found a two-month old 2021195 ID with tons of upgrades for $47,500. I won’t be paying sales tax since it is private party. Ten hours on the Rotax and a sticker price of $55k before tax.

Is this as good of a deal as I think it is?

dwillson

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I found a two-month old 2021195 ID with tons of upgrades for $47,500. I won’t be paying sales tax since it is private party. Ten hours on the Rotax and a sticker price of $55k before tax.

Is this as good of a deal as I think it is?
Which engine does this have? How much Horsepower? Does it have a tower? Seems like a decent deal if it has the 250hp or 300hp engine.

shadynasty

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
250hp, wakeboard tower, upgraded mats throughout, docking and cruise mode.

chandra

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
What should i pay for 2015 165 HO 40hours, with trailer, great condition

dgsanford1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
I just put a down payment on and ordered a 165 for $47,500. With the Rotax 300 and wake tower.

Grayrage

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Just purchased a 2021 215ID with the following for $78k out the door including all taxes and fees. When I build it on Scarab's website it comes out to an MSRP of $82k without freight and prep of course.

Twin 250 engines
Wake tower
Extended swim platform
Marine Mat on Swim deck/platform but not in boat (.....yet)
Upgraded JL audio stereo including tower speakers
Removed impulse graphics and replaced with raised chrome Scarab logo and lettering on both sides.

Pretty much the only things it doesn't have are...

ballast system
flat screen for captains controls
versa loung rear seatingView attachment 156152
I think that's a pretty good deal. Nice boat!

PRO710HD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
picking up a '23 165 ID with 300hp Rotax this Saturday. Pretty well loaded with Wakeboard tower, Marine Mat Atomic throughout, Premium JL audio sound, trailering cover, and spare tire.

the Nationally advertised price on the website (does not include freight) is $52,356. Agreed to pay $51,500 OTD (tax, title, doc, prep, freight)

Tell me I got a good deal?

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Update: To be fair, the good news also has to be spread. So I was contacted by Scarab - they agreed (I didn't even ask) to get it fixed at any shop I want. The selling dealer is too far away. This is the kind of customer service I would expect for this kind of product. Well done, Scarab. Proud to be part of the Scarab family.

Scarab 285, brand new, never seen water. 230K USD with tax here.

And this is what I got :mad::mad::mad:

Fingers crossed Scarab and the Dealer will sort this out 🤞

Attachments

Last edited:

Cabin2010

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Contact Andy Lindsey President of Scarab US.... PM me I'll give you his number..

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update: To be fair, the good news also has to be spread. So I was contacted by Scarab - they agreed (I didn't even ask) to get it fixed at any shop I want. The selling dealer is too far away. This is the kind of customer service I would expect for this kind of product. Well done, Scarab. Proud to be part of the Scarab family.

Scarab 285, brand new, never seen water. 230K USD with tax here.

And this is what I got :mad::mad::mad:

Fingers crossed Scarab and the Dealer will sort this out 🤞
$230,000 United States Dollars for this boat? Am I reading that correctly?

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
45K USD for tax and import here

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks! I saw your previous post of $230K USD and just wanted to verify!

Hope you get it all sorted and on the water soon !

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
It's such an amazing boat, and in good hands at the moment. All being taken care of.

Thanks!

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's such an amazing boat, and in good hands at the moment. All being taken care of.

Thanks!
Awesome! We expect pictures and a ride report!

SwissDoo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Contact Andy Lindsey President of Scarab US.... PM me I'll give you his number..
Would you mind sharing his contact information with me? (PM)

This boat is getting worse and worse.

Thanks, Patrick