• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

What's your favorite Bourbon?

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How do you like the eagle rare? My company recently did the grand opening of the Sazerac in New Orleans. Sazerac owns both eagle rare and 1792. I have tried the eagle rare
It is one of my favorites. Very easy drink IMO. Although, usually out of stock around me - appears I am not the only one in the area who enjoys it :)

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had the opportunity to buy a Barrel of select Private Four Roses at 119.3 proof and love it. We did a custom label and sold it at my buddies store. It lasted one day. We tasted 7 barrels and all voted on this one, love it.IMG_1800.JPGIMG_1805.JPGIMG_1806.JPGIMG_1842.JPGIMG_2586.JPG

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am not a big bourbon drinker as I prefer sipping rum. The one I really like is made by Richland's rum, the only rum made in the USA. It is difficult to purchase other then at the their facilities in GA. That said this led be to Seelbach's an online store that specializes in selling craft distillers products. I only recently purchased my rum from them and so far they have been very responsive.[flag]

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Four Roses $15,000 (Barrel Strength)
Knob Creek $8000 (Proofed down to 100)
That's some expensive water! lol

About how many bottles did you guys get out of a barrel (I'm guessing 750ml size for all of them)?

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Had the opportunity to buy a Barrel of select Private Four Roses at 119.3 proof and love it. We did a custom label and sold it at my buddies store. It lasted one day. We tasted 7 barrels and all voted on this one, love it.View attachment 107594View attachment 107595View attachment 107596View attachment 107597View attachment 107598
mad jealous. we drove by there in august... too late at night....it was closed. :(

****scotch: iv'e become a big fan of Monkey Shoulder lately... Wifey likes it too.

Hellcat Maggie if you're into Irish Whiskeys, is pretty good. Cures what ails ya. The Irish have a knack for making whiskey that you can pound down and warm up your soul lol. Good stuff.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I prefer the Irish. My go to is Jameson. I have tried many others, but keep coming back to Jameson. It's all about personal preference.

A non Irish pleasure if mine is Dancing Pines Black Walnut whiskey. Distilled locally and is a nice treat when I am in the mood for something different.
as I just mentioned. try Hell-cat maggie next. Wife was transfixed on Jameson for years.... but now this is our go to for irish. Delicious.

Hell-Cat Maggie Irish Whiskey | Expert Reviews

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just wrapped up a tour of stetziel-well er, woodford reserve and buffalo trace. Sipping woodford reserve double oaked right now.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just wrapped up a tour of stetziel-well er, woodford reserve and buffalo trace. Sipping woodford reserve double oaked right now.
Woodford Reserve Double Oaked is my go to... neat.

I work nights, and its my friday... about to pour.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A few of the bottles I'm working on!

View attachment 107486
I was just about to say I cannot believe I have not seen this post yet and even more stunning was the fact I didnt see more of the 1792 called out. LOL!!! By a far 1792 is my go too. Extremely fond of the Sweet Wheat along with a nice Drew Estates Fat Bottom Betty!!!! All is right with the world.....

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just about to say I cannot believe I have not seen this post yet and even more stunning was the fact I didnt see more of the 1792 called out. LOL!!! By a far 1792 is my go too. Extremely fond of the Sweet Wheat along with a nice Drew Estates Fat Bottom Betty!!!! All is right with the world.....
I LOVE the sweet wheat. It’s my favorite of the variety they offer. However, I cannot get it anywhere. A whiskey bar nearby has it but at over $20 a glass, it’s a tough pill to swallow.

jjmparsons

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I LOVE the sweet wheat. It’s my favorite of the variety they offer. However, I cannot get it anywhere. A whiskey bar nearby has it but at over $20 a glass, it’s a tough pill to swallow.
Cheese and Rice @shar $20 a glass.... I'd have to put in overtime at home and at work! It was right about the time that I got to trying the Sweet Wheat here that it seems all the watering holes dried up. It was impossible to find. We had actually even traveled to Chattanooga with family and looked at a few different spots there and there was just none to be found! Plenty of all the other varieties but Sweet Wheat seems to be quite elusive!

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
stumbled across this documentary on prime(which I never use) last night... made it most of the way in before the eyelids got heavy. ;) not bourbon, I'm a scotch guy mostly.... interesting.

Watch Scotch: A Golden Dream | Prime Video

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here’s my current selection at the bar.
What you can’t see is the 5L mini-keg I filled with Evan Williams Black two months ago. It has already developed a very nice smokey flavor reminiscent of Woodford Double Oak.

The decanter is filled with Knob, and the jar is filled with... ummm, water.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Woodford Reserve. I'm actually liking Russell's 10 Year lately.
Had to search to see if already mentioned. Local shop had Russell’s single barrel rye half off before Thanksgiving. At $35 each I just had to buy out the 4 they had. Well my guests loved it too and now down to one bottle but no longer on sale :-(.

The spice complex did get to be a bit much after three nights in a row so a break won’t be bad. Going to have to try the 10 year and single barrel Russell’s Burbon next.

Peelz

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
stumbled across this documentary on prime(which I never use) last night... made it most of the way in before the eyelids got heavy. ;) not bourbon, I'm a scotch guy mostly.... interesting.

Watch Scotch: A Golden Dream | Prime Video
Finally finished it last week.... towards the end of the show, theyre mostly following the Bruichladdich Distillery story... In the background they show them bottling a single malt, unpeated scotch...

Wifey and I immediately ordered it online...which was another funny story... but.

We Purchased it Almost solely because of the color of the packaging... She is obsessed with all things colored teal, and/or nautical. It honestly looks glorious front and center of the liquor cabinet lol

Didnt have too much expectation... but, its pretty good. Excellent with a little ice or water over it..somewhat like Laphroiag. You can taste the barley.

my favorite part about scotch is reading the taste descriptions. Mine is: Feels like a campfire on a cold windy ocean beach, and warms your insides.

The Classic Laddie.

Bruichladdich The Classic Laddie | Bruichladdich Distillery