• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

When to change coils on the TR1 engine-210 FSH boat

JetBoaterSoon2022

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The boat has one engine that is changing rpm’s at about 2500 rpm. At 8000 rpm, the engines run fine. A jetski mechanic thinks it may be the coil on a cylinder fluctuating. Anyone ever had this problem?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have not…I do have one engine that runs rougher at idle than the other since new though.

When was the last time you put a set of plugs in it? That seems to be the cause of several issues ..how many hours do you have on the engines?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Spark Plugs solved my low RPM's on my Starboard engine with only 50 hours on them. You can always swap coils between engines to troubleshoot.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unless they are cheaper for your engines coils are not cheap, mine are over $200 each when they are not on back order. I would only replace them as they fail not as a preventative maintenance measure. Suggest you start by replacing the plugs. If that doesn’t work switch the coils between engines (one at a time) to see if it’s a coil failure and which one.