• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the bottom?

How low will regular unleaded go?

• $2.05-$2.10

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • $2.00-$2.04

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • $1.95-$1.99

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • $1.90-$1.94

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Less than $1.90

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Less than $1.80

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Less than $1.70

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Less than $1.60

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Less than $1.50

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Less than $1.00

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I paid $2.33 yesterday in Valdosta, Ga. Today I paid $2.53 in Lake City, Fl.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The bottom will come when the Russian economy suffers severely (with a possible war) and OPEC can reclaim supply control over the worlds oil supply. These are not normal market forces playing here.

Heres a good read on what happened to Russia in 1998 when we had similar conditions:
http://viableopposition.blogspot.com/2014/12/russia-1998-currency-devaluation-and.html

Also OPEC wants our Shale industry to suffer as well, although I see break even prices for US makers around $30-40/bbl.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/oilprices/11283875/Bank-of-America-sees-50-oil-as-Opec-dies.html

You also have to remember that Gas taxes are much higher than in the past too, I think the current tax in MD per gal is around $0.43. So it will not fall as easily under $2 per gal like in the past when the price per barrel was this low.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Different hearing other people's perspective, @Master-Spud .... Never really thought about how the lowering of the price of oil would effect the workers that produce that oil. All you ever hear is how the oil companies are making money hand over fist. My wife is a banker and she quickly reminds me that I probably have an oil company or two in my 401K, so don't be too quick to judge.

Oh, $1.99 in Republic, MO.
Yeah, I still remember during one of the early congressional investigations into oil prices. They had one of the big oil execs sitting there and they were grilling him over the "unfair" profits that oil companies make. He looked at them and asked "Exactly where were you people when we were loosing our asses on every gallon of gas we sold?"

I'll stop there to to keep from sounding any more political than it already does...

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
North of DFW, I have only seen as low as $2.18 for unleaded. Diesel is unbelievably high IMO.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Must be nice guys! Paid $2.87 today in Naples.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Finally hit $1.99 in Springfield...crazy, just last night it was $2.07 then this morning at the same station it dropped. Only thing I don't understand, and this is just ignorance on my part, why is diesel still above $3.00?? Is it harder to refine or is it more of a demand thing??

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think demand

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce ... i forgot about Europe when considering the price of diesel. Wouldn't have thought that 98% of passenger vehicles being gasoline, would have guessed a lower number. Funny how supply and demand seems to be ruling the price now versus speculation the passed few years.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Bruce interesting article.....supply and demand!

More diesel-powered vehicles mean more demand for diesel fuel. Comparing October 2010 demand to that of October 2012, demand for gasoline has decreased 3.4% while demand for on-road diesel fuel has increased 11.8%.
That is a huge demand change.

Interesting to see how different the demand is for diesel here vs Europe (this is 5 year old data):

It is also amazing to see how many diesel cars are available elsewhere in the world that we never even see here! India is full of tiny compact diesel cars!

GM plans to get in on the game in the US, but this price differential now might get them thinking (assuming it last much longer)

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Must be nice guys! Paid $2.87 today in Naples.

LOL .............. Sorry. Guess that's what you get when you're livin' the Good Life, In HIGH COTTON, in Naples !@

Best Wishes - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited by a moderator:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Am I misremembering that Premium always used to be about .20-.30 more per gallon for the most part. It seams that recently at least around Dayton Ohio, Premium is upwards of .40-.50 more per gallon than regular. Just curious if this is now the norm.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$1.99 at QT in Lake Dallas on I35

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Diesel is a horrible smelly fuel and I've hated diesel cars with a vengeance for years, I'm with the BBC Top Gear crew :p.
Diesel popularity in Europe has only come about due to the better MPG and fuel cost but gas cars have now caught up, to a degree.
Paris is considering banning all diesel cars with London possibly following, hooray !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/11280067/London-will-follow-Paris-and-ban-diesel-cars-campaigners-warn.html

Stay with gas guys, you owe it to the planet :winkingthumbsup".

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Gas was 1.99 this morning...Diesel still over $3.50! I picked a great time to buy a Diesel...

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I still have to dump about 48 gallons in the boat for Winter, but I keep procrastinating watching the price drop!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Diesel is a horrible smelly fuel and I've hated diesel cars with a vengeance for years, I'm with the BBC Top Gear crew :p.
Diesel popularity in Europe has only come about due to the better MPG and fuel cost but gas cars have now caught up, to a degree.
Paris is considering banning all diesel cars with London possibly following, hooray !

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/11280067/London-will-follow-Paris-and-ban-diesel-cars-campaigners-warn.html

Stay with gas guys, you owe it to the planet :winkingthumbsup".
The new Ultra low Sulphur Diesel and the new emmisions requirements actually make diesel cars (at least in the US) cleaner burning than Gasoline cars. So I think your perspective is related to older model "smokers". I smell NOTHING from my Audi.....no smoke....

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Gas here in Wisconsin seems to be stuck at about $2.39 per gallon.