• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Where is the bottom?

How low will regular unleaded go?

• $2.05-$2.10

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • $2.00-$2.04

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • $1.95-$1.99

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • $1.90-$1.94

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Less than $1.90

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Less than $1.80

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Less than $1.70

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Less than $1.60

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Less than $1.50

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Less than $1.00

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian ... I never consider the poll meant the national Low, I was just voting based on my area. Heck, the national Low is at or around $2.04 I think. So, I may just stick with my $1.50
According to Gasbuddy.com the national low is already at $1.58!

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$1.47 in Crawfordsville, IN. They have been among the lowest in the country for quite awhile now.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, I guess the fun is over. We have jumped 0.36 ... in two weeks...up to $2.05!! I guess the rules of supply and demand don't exist for oil and gas...maybe we should change this thread to "how high it will go?" :banghead:

Last edited:

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boy isn't that the truth! I was well north of my normal stomping grounds yesterday and noticed most of the stations had regular at $1.99. I thought that it's usually a little higher in these parts and it'll stay a little cheaper in my area. Then this morning in passing the Walmart I drive by everyday and it was $1.99 too. There went my theory! The funny thing is diesel is still the cheapest it's been in a long time at $2.38.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've just heard on the radio that fuel will increase because there switching over to summer fuel from winter :confused:, may be that's why gas is more here in Florida?

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oil prices plunged yesterday on US supply...but prices are up $0.40 in less than 10 days. Hmm, my my, I never seem to understand a change in cost at the refinery relates to a product in the ground at the retail seller immediately, yet they slowly decrease retail pricing based on delivery cost. I pretty much hate the feeling this gives me, it is almost predictable, but it still pisses me off!

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Oil prices plunged yesterday on US supply...but prices are up $0.40 in less than 10 days. Hmm, my my, I never seem to understand a change in cost at the refinery relates to a product in the ground at the retail seller immediately, yet they slowly decrease retail pricing based on delivery cost. I pretty much hate the feeling this gives me, it is almost predictable, but it still pisses me off!
Bingo!! Pisses me off too!! I watch how the jack prices up 12 to 16 cents overnight only to watch them fall, if they do, only 2 to 3 cents a week!! I actually called the attorney general once to complain about this but never got an answer. I know in the grand scheme of things that it doesn't make a difference because I would pay 5 dollars a gallon if I had to. Still pisses me off!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The place here that jumped 12 cents will always be the first to jump up and the slowest to come back down. Just amazes me when they increase it by 12 cents in one day but only drop it back 1 to 2 cents when they do decide to lower the prices. I do my best not to buy from these folks.
Glad you wrote in. Oil "stabilizes" and goes up a few percentage points in 1 day, to ONLY $50 a barrel, for Brent Crude. And gas goes up IMMEDIATELY $ 0.14 !!!!! a gallon. Then West Texas Intermediate prices fall more than 8% to trade back below $49 a barrel.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-is-slipping-2015-2

HOWEVER .......... LOL ......... I didn't see gas prices dip ANYTHING this morning ! Ain't life Grand ? ! LOL !

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Boy this huge decline is a bit of a nice break at the pump but the economic downturn in my area is killer... Company I work for just layed off 800 people. Cut over 1.2 billion in capital spending this year. And that is one of many oil companies doing the same. The trickle down effect through the entire economy will take a lot more time to see its full effect. That is a lot of money being pulled out of the economy. Oh the fun of boom and bust economies lol

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don't know when we hit bottom here in n cal but I'm watching the news now and gas here will go up by 10 cents tomorrow In part because of a strike here at one of the refineries. Additionally, they expect prices to go up by 50 cents next week because of a fire disabling a refinery in Torrance ( s cal). Apparently 10% Of Cali's gas comes out of that refinery. It figures, I just bought a used vette with a thirty v8 earlier this week. F it I wouldn't change a thing even if gas doubled in price, at least not in the first year of ownership.

Speaking of gas, my dog came in tonight smelling like she got sprayed by a skunk, sure enough it smells like a skunk sprayed something on the side of the house and my dog may have walked through it or been close when it happened. Good times, good times.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Amazing how we such an over abundance of oil and gasoline and prices still go up. Oh well, could be worse...could have been the guy in the Vette that got beat by a truck!!

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't know when we hit bottom here in n cal but I'm watching the news now and gas here will go up by 10 cents tomorrow In part because of a strike here at one of the refineries. Additionally, they expect prices to go up by 50 cents next week because of a fire disabling a refinery in Torrance ( s cal). Apparently 10% Of Cali's gas comes out of that refinery. It figures, I just bought a used vette with a thirty v8 earlier this week. F it I wouldn't change a thing even if gas doubled in price, at least not in the first year of ownership.

Speaking of gas, my dog came in tonight smelling like she got sprayed by a skunk, sure enough it smells like a skunk sprayed something on the side of the house and my dog may have walked through it or been close when it happened. Good times, good times.
Put the dog in the vette, top down and hit the open road until the smell is all blown away.

Amazing how we such an over abundance of oil and gasoline and prices still go up. Oh well, could be worse...could have been the guy in the Vette that got beat by a truck!!
LOL....Yeah, that poor guy is still crying.....Probably sold it for a Z06 that day.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Unfortunately, the news reports of gas prices in Cali going up turned out to be true. Here is a pic of the costco prices this morning for 87 and 91 octane. The second pic is of the prices at the local shell station. At least my boat and wacerunmers are full, too bad it's with gas that cost closer to $4 per gallon (all 87 octave).

image.jpg image.jpg

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We were as low as $1.79. Today we were at $2.17. Still pretty cheap while it last.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Been looking at motorhomes...can you imagine putting in 70-80 gallons at $5/gallon? Brings up an off topic question...what about stale gas/diesel in one of those rigs? Can they stand a year of sitting without much driving? If you keep the tank full, you will always have old gas unless you take an extended trip. Weekend getaways certainly won't burn the old gas down to get it topped with fresh.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@txav8r I never had an issue with stored gas in the motorhome. Like the boat....you just keep it treated for storage.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length