• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Which Toys (tubes) to Buy?

jonw9

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
So, I am finally getting back into boating, and actually have a place on a lake now. After dumping loads of cash on a boat (loan) and dock/lift setup (Credit cards) I need to start outfitting for fun.

I know I will need to get a tube, or more than one. I was thinking about starting with a 2-person disc. That would seem to be a good size. I had a single donut in the past and sitting in the nylon bottom wasn't fun. I also had a 2 seat chariot (front and back, not side-by-side) with my last boat, it was OK but not great.
We borrowed a friends Super Mabel once also, and that was like pulling a queen mattress and not exciting at all.

Then I was thinking if I needed more room for riders, I could add another tube down the road.
Should I start with a 3-person, one person...? I know it really varies but I don't want to spend another grand trying things out.

I am on the fence right now between something simple like the Orange Slice
http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog/Two_Rider_Tubes/Airhead_Orange_Slice_Towable_Tube_TY02654

or the Costco Delta 3 and it's fantastic warranty
http://www.costco.com/HO-Sports-Delta-3-Towable-.product.100111592.html

I will have ages ranging from Adults 30+ to kids around 10.
I guess I am not asking what specific model to buy, more like what gets the most use. Is a 3-seater fun for 1 person? Do you prefer only a couple riders out at a time? That type of thing.
Thoughts? Am I missing something?

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I would think the Costco Delta 3 would be a better choice for the kids plus a great warranty!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have 4 tubes......and depending on the ages of the kids is how I decide what goes out with us. From smallest to largest:

1. Single person Aero disc tube....its a serious workout and only tough teenage boys tackle it
  2. 2 Person Aero double loop (internally is shaped like a figure 8). My nine year old likes this one the most....has good bounce (is thick) and moves fast.
  3. 3 Person Airhead sit in tube. Great for little kids as they sit inside it. Perfect for any age. But I hate it as there are 4 chambers to inflate.
  4. 4 Person Bandwagon 2+2 - this is like a small boat!!!! I have to go 21.5 mph in order to get this swinging from wake to wake...each means older kids only for fun. It is HUGE, and takes up the whole dock when I inflate it, and must be towed behind. The kids do enjoy it and I had it out this weekend. But be warned....IT IS HUGE! (did I mention its huge?)
Some pics:

Bandwagon:

2 Person Aero:

3 Person Airhead tame sit in tube for younger kids:

@Stacey in SC
This is Stacey's tube and the kids had a blast on it....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you plan on taking children, I would recommend at least a two seater. The kids feel better going out in pairs or moreIMG_0904.JPG normally. Me personally, I get the most enjoyment out of a one seater, Something triangular in shape. One you have to rap your legs around to stay on when the wifey gets throttle crazy.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

My old LS and the tubes, all of which we continue to ride in the 230. I would avoid the Hot Dog style tubes - unstable as hell, and if you haul butt on it and fall you will break something........ as "someone" suffered at 4.06 in the video!