• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who else is reading the forum in the woods this morning?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have only seen two before there was enough light to see if they had horns.

image.jpg

@Emma had fun hunting with my Dad last weekend.

image.jpg

image.jpg

She had to sit on a fresh hay bale then we rolled one around.

image.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If you like venison, just come to our house.....you don't need a gun either. Just bring a club and some corn. Hand feed them and when one comes up to you that you like the look of club it and off you go!

Our neighbor has been hand feeding them for years....which is a ROYAL PITA since they eat everything in sight. If our budget permits...deer fencing is in our future!

Mom with twins....
image.jpg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Noooooooooo BAMBIE!!! :). We hunt from our farm, 3 mitigation elk and 5 mitigation deer + bunch of antelope. They come into our fields because we grow oats... so it's kind of like bringing a club, but ours would never let us hand feed and club them. So it's about a 200 yard shot for us.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
.you don't need a gun either. Just bring a club and some corn. Hand feed them and when one comes up to you that you like the look of club it and off you go!
Seems pretty cruel to me. Of course I am the guy waiting to shoot Bambie.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not much happenin here. Bountiful acorn crop and no pressure to push them around yet. Black powder and bow only right now. Next week starts dogs and rifles so it should get interesting image.jpg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I probably would have if I had a phone that was able,
We had a daddy/daughter campout this weekend, We have a wonderful friend with 300 ac. in Jacksboro, TX, We were able to see the hay get cut, turned over and even how it makes the roles (until the bailer broker). Fed the horse and donkey, chased the lama, get surrounded by a herd of cows, fished in the stock ponds, hiked by the river, called they coyotes at night, rode on the 4 wheeler and even a ride in the tractor bucket!
this was the start of Friday nights, campfire, baby fire needs baby food, it ended up being a bonfire by the end of the night,

emily grace by jacksboro fire.JPG

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Scottintexas, Sounds great except for riding in the tractor bucket. Every once in a while a child falls out of the bucket and gets run over.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Didn't see a dang thing...Full moon where I hunt at and clear skies means they were moving at night. Bow season right now but gun is next weekend.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Scottintexas, Sounds great except for riding in the tractor bucket. Every once in a while a child falls out of the bucket and gets run over.
Definitely a possibility and good advice, just like riding on the tailgate or any other "fun" stuff, know your operator, equipment and surroundings, it's not fun if somebody gets hurt.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Definitely a possibility and good advice, just like riding on the tailgate or any other "fun" stuff, know your operator, equipment and surroundings, it's not fun if somebody gets hurt.
I am sure that I did it as a kid. But now that I am parent it scares me, especially when I read stories about accidents. The big difference is that if you fall of the tail gate you fall on the ground behind the wheels, but if you fall out of the FEL bucket the tires are coming for you and only a few feet away.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Didn't see a dang thing...Full moon where I hunt at and clear skies means they were moving at night. Bow season right now but gun is next weekend.
Same conditions here. My Dad was in the woods all weekend long and only saw two. I had to work a lot so I only hunted Saturday morning.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sure that I did it as a kid. But now that I am parent it scares me, especially when I read stories about accidents. The big difference is that if you fall of the tail gate you fall on the ground behind the wheels, but if you fall out of the FEL bucket the tires are coming for you and only a few feet away.
Definitely there is going to be a much greater chance of a bad outcome leaving the bucket vs the tailgate.

As a parent of a 15, 13 and 10 year old I spend most of my time being scared of the what ifs. We just bought the 10 year old a new skate board for her birthday last week and watching her go down the hill by herself is just gut wrenching (uh oh here come the speed wobbles, this is going to get bad! and then she doesn't have any problems) and the same with a biking.

That is really one reason I kept our boat was it is an easy way to get them some self confidence. My 13 yr old actually did a very good job this year driving, both taking it off the trailer and pulling people along with everybody learning how to wakeboard or surf.

grace's skateboard.JPG