• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who has experiance with twin screw impellers?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
from what I was told if they are re pitched then there is a port and starboard.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Nice! Is there a port/stbd label on them like OEM?
These are pitched port and starboard, my 255xd factory impellers are both the same. They didn't have specific on this model boat.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I’m trying to understand why the pisser was even a question @Wicked92 are you building entirely new jet drives? I do like that Yamaha started using non fouling paint on the jet drive components.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I’m trying to understand why the pisser was even a question @Wicked92 are you building entirely new jet drives? I do like that Yamaha started using non fouling paint on the jet drive components.
No these are his stock pumps on a 2021+ 160mm pumps. One of his pisser ports was not blocked off.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's going down. Found this one port open on starboard...obviously shouldn't be that way.... what it there for?
Well? Anything to report?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Wicked92 did you ever get out and test these new impellers?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
As a fyi …on the pre 25’ FSH boats one of those safety spray ports was routed inside the boat and hooked up to a coiled garden hose for a raw water wash down system. Great idea and it works but a bit anemic, imho Yamaha should have run both jet pumps safety spray ports into the raw water wash down and it would have performed much better.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hate to revive an older thread but I’m curious about the results of these impellers on the 255XD since I’m considering purchasing one.

@Wicked92

Did you ever test the impellers after the install?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Just look at the left and right part numbers of the impellers see if they are different , many years ago with 2 stroke engines they did use 2 different pitched impellers but stopped that as far as I know there are several things I have customers do before installing my super steering on any of the Articulating keel twin engine boats that really should be done and I seriously doubt impeller pitch staggering is important with the newer boats

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hate to revive an older thread but I’m curious about the results of these impellers on the 255XD since I’m considering purchasing one.

@Wicked92

Yes, they def work! I still got some spring testing to do as fall ended quicker than expected. But so far they have def increased my abilities with the boat wake surfing. Ive been able to bring an additional 1300-1400 in weight plus the factory ballast and maintain and hit speeds. Still have to play the game with the connext speed control but its far more manageable. Hole shot is ridiculous and cavitation has but been eliminated. I did drop speed though, went from 58 top to about 51-52 but leadingedge will be repitching before spring to bump top end up. Overall im very happy with the change in the boats attitude for water sports. The stacked keep the pumps packed, next best thing to an intake grate that isnt avail for these boats.

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

@Wicked92

mind u this is only in 8-10ft of water in my bay. I wish i had deeper water that was easier to get to. We gonna travel this coming season to deeper waterways and really see what we can get.

Attachments

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yes, they def work! I still got some spring testing to do as fall ended quicker than expected. But so far they have def increased my abilities with the boat wake surfing. Ive been able to bring an additional 1300-1400 in weight plus the factory ballast and maintain and hit speeds. Still have to play the game with the connext speed control but its far more manageable. Hole shot is ridiculous and cavitation has but been eliminated. I did drop speed though, went from 58 top to about 51-52 but leadingedge will be repitching before spring to bump top end up. Overall im very happy with the change in the boats attitude for water sports. The stacked keep the pumps packed, next best thing to an intake grate that isnt avail for these boats.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
How are they holding up performance wise? Did Leading Edge repitch them for you?