• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Who has experience with twin screw impellers?

from what I was told if they are re pitched then there is a port and starboard.

Nice! Is there a port/stbd label on them like OEM?
These are pitched port and starboard, my 255xd factory impellers are both the same. They didn't have specific on this model boat.

It's going down. Found this one port open on starboard...obviously shouldn't be that way.... what it there for?

Attachments

• 20230901_142212.jpg
    20230901_142212.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 55
  • 20230901_142148.jpg
    20230901_142148.jpg
    344.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20230901_133444.jpg
    20230901_133444.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 20230901_133440.jpg
    20230901_133440.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 56
I’m trying to understand why the pisser was even a question @Wicked92 are you building entirely new jet drives? I do like that Yamaha started using non fouling paint on the jet drive components.

I’m trying to understand why the pisser was even a question @Wicked92 are you building entirely new jet drives? I do like that Yamaha started using non fouling paint on the jet drive components.
No these are his stock pumps on a 2021+ 160mm pumps. One of his pisser ports was not blocked off.

It's going down. Found this one port open on starboard...obviously shouldn't be that way.... what it there for?

Well? Anything to report?

@Wicked92 did you ever get out and test these new impellers?

As a fyi …on the pre 25’ FSH boats one of those safety spray ports was routed inside the boat and hooked up to a coiled garden hose for a raw water wash down system. Great idea and it works but a bit anemic, imho Yamaha should have run both jet pumps safety spray ports into the raw water wash down and it would have performed much better.

Hate to revive an older thread but I’m curious about the results of these impellers on the 255XD since I’m considering purchasing one.

@Wicked92

Did you ever test the impellers after the install?

Just look at the left and right part numbers of the impellers see if they are different , many years ago with 2 stroke engines they did use 2 different pitched impellers but stopped that as far as I know there are several things I have customers do before installing my super steering on any of the Articulating keel twin engine boats that really should be done and I seriously doubt impeller pitch staggering is important with the newer boats

Hate to revive an older thread but I’m curious about the results of these impellers on the 255XD since I’m considering purchasing one.

@Wicked92

Yes, they def work! I still got some spring testing to do as fall ended quicker than expected. But so far they have def increased my abilities with the boat wake surfing. Ive been able to bring an additional 1300-1400 in weight plus the factory ballast and maintain and hit speeds. Still have to play the game with the connext speed control but its far more manageable. Hole shot is ridiculous and cavitation has but been eliminated. I did drop speed though, went from 58 top to about 51-52 but leadingedge will be repitching before spring to bump top end up. Overall im very happy with the change in the boats attitude for water sports. The stacked keep the pumps packed, next best thing to an intake grate that isnt avail for these boats.

@Wicked92

mind u this is only in 8-10ft of water in my bay. I wish i had deeper water that was easier to get to. We gonna travel this coming season to deeper waterways and really see what we can get.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230910_233657_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230910_233657_Messenger.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20230910_233642_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230910_233642_Messenger.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20230909_180501_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230909_180501_Messenger.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 30
Yes, they def work! I still got some spring testing to do as fall ended quicker than expected. But so far they have def increased my abilities with the boat wake surfing. Ive been able to bring an additional 1300-1400 in weight plus the factory ballast and maintain and hit speeds. Still have to play the game with the connext speed control but its far more manageable. Hole shot is ridiculous and cavitation has but been eliminated. I did drop speed though, went from 58 top to about 51-52 but leadingedge will be repitching before spring to bump top end up. Overall im very happy with the change in the boats attitude for water sports. The stacked keep the pumps packed, next best thing to an intake grate that isnt avail for these boats.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

How are they holding up performance wise? Did Leading Edge repitch them for you?

I was going to start a new thread but...

Ok so we ran the 12/20s today L13 no shims port 5mm & no shims starboard water temp 85* and lake 800' elevation. The low end hook was good. I didn't feel/ see any cavitation. Port was 7500 and Starboard was 7300 top speed was 51mph. The boat had better power in turns. I did notice that the boat was much quieter Up to 5k. So that is nice for water sports. Last week setup was stock impellers L13 no shims port 5mm & no shims starboard. Port was 7700 and Starboard was 7500 top speed was 53mph. And I had a bit of cavitation when ever I wanted.

So not sure if I should put the stock cones on or try try the YV-TP-12/18 OR
order the tuner first.

Last edited:
I was going to start a new thread but...

Ok so we ran the YV-TP-12/20s today L13 no shims port & starboard water temp 85* and lake 800' elevation. The low end hook was good. I didn't feel/ see any cavitation. Port was 7500 and Starboard was 7300 top speed was 51mph. The boat had better power in turns. I did notice that the boat was much quieter Up to 5k. So that is nice for water sports. Last week setup was stock impellers Port was 7700 and Starboard was 7500 top speed was 53mph. And I had a bit of cavitation when ever I wanted.

So not sure if I should put the stock cones on or try try the YV-TP-12/18 OR
order the tuner first.

Are the YV-TP-12/20’s the twin screws?
Are the YV-TP-12/18’s twin screws with a lower pitch?

Back