• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Who has mood lighting installed?

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet. Those red ones remind me of the submarine movies: "Rig for Red"

Not a bad idea for night boating simply because the red lights have minimal impact on your night vision.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The red lights do help a lot at night, it was a simple swap to red LED lights.

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Had anybody used underwater Coastal Night Lights?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

soggyshoes

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Oh man. I really shouldn't have clicked on this thread. I am such a sucker for lighting. If my wife would let me I would have it everywhere. I did the color changing on my bike and love it. It also makes me a lot more visible at night. Time to spend some money on ebay.

Cory

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
can anyone indicate how the LED's are attached to the inside of the arcrylic rings?

6wheeldiesel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
can anyone indicate how the LED's are attached to the inside of the arcrylic rings?
They come with adhesive on the backking. I use the same style LED's for my LED off road whip antennas. And WOW!! Amazon wants a ton for those LED kits. I pay only $10 for 16 feet of solid color.

IMG_1965.JPG

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I went off the beaten path a bit on my LEDs. I used a kit from LED Glow designed for motorcycles.

I love them, except it is a real bitch to get the controller to do what I want...often end up with obnoxious strobing effect when I don't want it.

This route is a bit pricey compared to some other options, but is easy & quick installation. No soldering required.

Link: http://www.ledunderbody.com/Million-Color-Pro-Motorcycle-Lighting-Kit.aspx

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking about adding LED lights. Do you need a transformer to lower the voltage to the lights?

Bousbous55

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking about adding LED lights. Do you need a transformer to lower the voltage to the lights?
Nope, just wire it to the battery, all I did was get the power from the AUX power on the dash and added in a switch. Just make sure to get the 12v lights.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nope, just wire it to the battery, all I did was get the power from the AUX power on the dash and added in a switch. Just make sure to get the 12v lights.
Great, thanks.

woodard1983

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
what lights did you use underneath the swim deck? I'm assuming that those aren't regular led's since they would get wet?