• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

why do you guys use seadeck?

Skeeter456

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
i see everyone on here using that seadeck. How come no one uses the carpets?

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We still have the original carpet in and don't mind it, but during the last community buy from @JetBoatPilot we bought and replaced our swim platform, bow mats and we are hooked! Seadek to us is a better feel on the feet and enhances the overall look of the boat, JMHO! But next September when Will @JetBoatPilot offers us all a 30% discount we fully indend on buying the rest of the boat floor in SeaDek.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Carpet is not bad and many use it quite a bit. You don't HAVE to switch, and there are minimal drawbacks, but I have not read of a single buyer repenting. That tells you something.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The carpet can get hot. It's kind of a pain to clean it out and hang it up every time after use. The Seadek is much less maintenance, feels better on the feet, can be cooled off instantly with a bucket of water and it will stay cool and dry on its own. Love the Seadek and still one of my favorite mods I've done to the boat!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

renrab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wet slip my boat and carpets weren't an option as I would have to lug them in and out of the marina everytime they got wet to hang at my house. Seadek not only feels great it looks great as well.

20180502_165328.jpg

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our gray carpeting seemed to get really hot in the sun, plus it would get wet every trip, and I'd be washing it when we returned and leaving it out to dry so our garage wouldn't smell. It was a lot of work. Our dog didn't seem to appreciate the hot carpeting either, so when we had the chance we ordered Seadek. The change from carpet to Seadek was night and day. Feels better on your feet, the dog loves it, it stays cool, its easy to clean, and EVERYONE, I do mean everyone comments on it. At the ramp, at the beach, at restaurants, people love it, and so do we.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My carpet just smelled.. We tried the vinegar approach but just couldn't get the smell out. . And once it got wet you had to hang it up amd let it dry or the whole boat would smell. Sea deck has none of those issues for us and once installed our friends asked us if we sold our old boat and bought a new one.

Just1more

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We used the carpet in our 190 for three seasons. We were always cleaning it but that “smell” would always come back. When we go the 240 and saw the group buy we were in. So much easier than carpet. It’s an upgrade. Some people might like the carpet. We just like to boat more, clean less.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have every optional seadek piece except the flooring I still use the carpet and plan to do so till it’s trash but even then I will probably just find someone giving away their brand new carpet as they switch to seadek and continue to use carpet.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I tried leaving the carpet in my old boat all season, but a few months in, it would smelland underneath was just a mess.

I now have snap in seadek, and I feel like it's better than the carpet, but it gets full filthy underneath very quickly with teenagers eating in the boat (No one seems to care about the eat on the swim deck only rule). So as soon as it shows some wear I'll be replacing it with seadek.

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with Julian, I plan on using what came with the boat until it wears out, I don't do any maintenance to the carpet like drying it out etc. I also wet slip0 my boat. It's like stock tires on a truck, use them until you need new ones then upgrade.

I can see the benefits of seadek, looks better, more comfortable etc.

AlphaKap

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Why do so many like the adhesive vs. snaps?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why do so many like the adhesive vs. snaps?
Seals under SeaDek so no water / debris get under it. No mold / mildew to worry about - with their health and smell concerns,.

Skeeter456

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
you all have good points!

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
When I was neurotic new Boat (to me) owner, I would get stressed about mustard, ketchup, dirt, etc getting ground into the snap in carpet.

We spend time on the Ohio River at my in laws and it’s quite muddy at the docks at Shawnee state park marina. Anyway, it was an easy sell with my wife, we leveraged the group buy from Will @JetBoatPilot and I bought the whole set from him before the buy ran out. Bought on the boat, using my cell in the middle of the Ohio.

Hands down, the best investment in the Boat so far. Simple green clean up, hose it down and done. Non slip surface, safer than the naked fiberglass without the carpet and the snaps that hurt your feet.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For me it is just simply a time saving convenience factor. I love the look and feel of the carpets, but hate the maintenance aspect of taking good care of them. I used my carpets until they have started to look worn so now I am making the switch. Now I can just hose out the inside when she gets a little dirty and be done with it. No pulling soaked carpets and trying to find a spot to hang when you get home in the dark after a day of boating.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use my carpet all year long and only clean it at the end of the season. Doesn't get hot, feels fine and works fine. When it wears out, I'll go Seadek.
We're exactly the same way. We use the carpets all year, and clean them as needed. We have a shampoo machine for the carpets in the house (because 2 boys and a dog live there too), so I expect to use it once this year. I pressure washed mine last year about 1/2 way through the season and they came right back to life and looked new for the rest of the year.

If you keep the boat in the garage, the trailer makes a great drying rack. Here's out setup after getting soaked on Memorial Day last year. Was able to put a couple fans on it and left the garage door cracked at the bottom for a few days and everything dried out nicely without any smells.
dryingrack.jpg

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like the snap in idea better if i had a choice. Ungluing the old flooring is such a pain if you need to ever replace it that it gives me pause. No snap in flooring other than carpet available for the sx230. Tried the manufacturer of the snap in, and they wanted way too much money, so I passed and use the carpet.