• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Why I love my Yamaha.....

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think this sums it up.....image_01.png

Ours had not been started since November. Each engine fired up within a few seconds. I started her up in the garage before we left for the lake this morning.

What's the water temp out there @Julian ?

Yeah, I think we all swam a bit today, it was nice. I actually got to go for a swim first thing this morning as I forgot to put the drain plug in! hah. It's 78 in spots on Belews, but 70 for the most part. We'll probably start venturing out your way in June when it turns into a hot tub here.

Watch out for bugs @Julian , that is a big grin!

We started ours up yesterday. Winterized since October. Both engines started right up. I love my Yamaha!

Attachments

• 662.JPG
    662.JPG
    540.7 KB · Views: 20
We run ours all year but still love not having any issues even after 4 weeks! Our water temp is around 66 I would be swimming if it was 70 already! Lots of people in the water already. I figure a few more weeks and all the family will be really ready to go have water fun!

Our water temps still have a ways to go...I'm hoping they hit 60 soon:eek:

As far as loving my Yamaha: 6 years ago I ran across the Yamaha and fell in love with the style, at that time we owned a Maxum 1800SR with a 4 cylinder I/O. That was a great starter boat and it was our first foray into boat ownership. Fast forward to June 2014 and I am looking for a bigger boat both in terms of space and power. I have the list narrowed down to 21' Chapparal I/O and the AR230 in my profile. The Yamaha was a little more expensive and a couple of years older so I was leaning towards the I/O. My wife says to me..."you have wanted a Yamaha for 5 years now, just get the one you want" so we bought the Yamaha. Every time we go out I have a big ol' cheesy grin on my face and I tell my wife that I just love this boat! Now I just need to get it up to speed with regards to all the mods and great ideas I see in this forum!

Here is a pic of us drifting down the Columbia river at 10pm Sat night after finishing the oil change and having dinner on board. Don't hold the fact that we are under blankets against us...the temps had dropped to about 50 degrees by the time this picture was taken.Nighttime Drift.jpg

No rain here Saturday, @Julian . Come join us on Belews!

@Stefan Fromm, where on the Columbia? We like to boat the Columbia in the Chelan area. It's fun to put in at Beebe Bridge and run up the the Rio Vista Winery to have lunch and do a tasting. Then we float back down to Beebe Bridge.

On Saturday they had a boat show at our marina and had all sorts of wake boats and boards available to try. They had a big ass Mastercraft out and were surfing behind it (MSRP $143K)....so I was following at a respectful distance watching, and once the rider fell decided that I'd make use of their Cruiser size wave and .... you guessed it....AIRBORNE!

So now I'm dying to do it again and have someone on the wavemaking boat with a good camera to grab some air time shots.....

@Stefan Fromm , you are in an area that I would love to retire to. We just bought the motorhome to travel to your area after we retire, the PNW is in my sights! We are doing Powell and the US Parks in southern Utah this fall. But the PNW is were I want to go and see. The limitation is towing both a car, and the boat. But reading posts like yours makes me see a Yamaha following me, not a toad! Sorry for the hijack @Julian !

@Stefan Fromm, where on the Columbia? We like to boat the Columbia in the Chelan area. It's fun to put in at Beebe Bridge and run up the the Rio Vista Winery to have lunch and do a tasting. Then we float back down to Beebe Bridge.

Saturday evening was right in Wenatchee, I can look out the window and see the water and boats go by, although when I called my 16 year old to look out and see if she could spot our LED footprint from the underwater light (don't have the in boat lights yet) she couldn't see us. We really like the Lincoln Rock (LR) to Sun Cove stretch of water and will often put in at either LR or Daroga. We have only been upstream to the halfway point between Daroga and Beebe Bridge. Can you boat to the Rio Vista Winery? I don't know of any boat up establishments in the area at all. I've heard they exist on Lake Couer d'Alene but we haven't been over there yet. Would love to go some time. A guy I referee college basketball with has his boat in a slip over there and he loves it.

@Stefan Fromm , you are in an area that I would love to retire to. We just bought the motorhome to travel to your area after we retire, the PNW is in my sights! We are doing Powell and the US Parks in southern Utah this fall. But the PNW is were I want to go and see. The limitation is towing both a car, and the boat. But reading posts like yours makes me see a Yamaha following me, not a toad! Sorry for the hijack @Julian !

Hey @txav8r funny story, I've only been on this board for a month or so now and when I first saw your screen name I thought you had quite the cojones to use a name in a public forum that read tax evader! It wasn't until a couple of weeks went by and I saw an airline reference that I connected the dots.

We moved to the PNW 6 years ago from Montana and we love it...it helps that I grew up just north of here in south-central British Columbia and my wife graduated from high school in Ellensburg, WA. For those of you not familiar with this area we live in the Columbia Basin in the center of the state and are a couple to a few hours away from rain forests, temperate forests, deserts, high alpine mountains, orchards, vineyards and countless boatable bodies of water from many lakes (including a 50 mile long fjord-like glacier fed lake) to boatable rivers and the San Juans. It really is a beautiful place and with boat in tow or not it is easy to enjoy!

@Stefan Fromm Your not the first to read that out of my screen name. But I still don't get it! Even if you read tax instead of Texas, we still have the av8r. I can't seem to see how that reads evader vs aviator. I might afford to retire now if I hadn't paid more than my fair share in taxes. Because I am always above board and even in a random audit years ago, they owed me money! But my cpa's fee of course cost me more than I gained. No one wins in an audit.

I want to see all of Washinton and Oregon over a few months time at a minimum.

It must be my skymiles account talking here, but I saw av8r and his location right when I joined and thought... "yup, pilot".

I'm from SLC, DL is a hub, don't crucify me :-).

@txav8r you always have a tour guide in the portland area! :)

Back