• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Winterizing boat

clint6760

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have always winterized my boat myself but it is always stored in an enclosed barn. It doesn't have heat though. I live in Arkansas so it gets cold but not extremely cold. I was just wondering if I need to winterize it being stored all winter inside or not. Thanks for the help.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How long will it sit unused? I never winterize mine, but there's always at least one nice day every winter month I'd take it out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I guess it depends on what you include in your winterization routine. We have many debates on what is required. Many think the following is all you need to do:

• Rev engines to blow out water from waterbox
  • Fill tank and put in Sta-bil
  • Remove batteries and put on charger
  • Put damp rid throughout boat
  • If you have ballast or shower bags/tanks...make sure they are empty/drained
Other things people will do that get debated:
  • Fog the engines
  • Run anti-freeze through cooling system
So if I were you, I would do the first set....as that is pretty easy.

clint6760

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will sit for several months without getting used. I normally fog the engines, run stabile through it, and rev engines.

Ajax

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It will sit for several months without getting used. I normally fog the engines, run stabile through it, and rev engines.[/QUOTEth
It will sit for several months without getting used. I normally fog the engines, run stabile through it, and rev engines.
i am in Missouri. The top set of bullet points above are sufficient. I do fog my engines, just through air filter. Also change oil.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in Syracuse, New York and the off-season is about 7 months with crazy amounts of snow and ice cold temps. My boat is also in a unheated barn for the winter and I do exactly what Julian posted in the upper portion of his message. Boat still runs and looks like new.