• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wireless Carplay dongles? Anyone got one? Like it?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Our cars have wired car play/android auto, and my wife has somehow bricked her ability for her phone to connect to carplay in the Audi (I suspect she may have said "never connect" or something).

So I'm looking to see if I can get her working again with a wireless car play dongle.

Something like this one?

Coult45

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I use the one below, in my Silverado. Works great for a few months, then I’ll need to delete and reestablish the Bluetooth connection every few days, then it’s good for a while again. Not sure what causes the connection to break. Minor inconvenience, though. Once it’s reconnected, it works great.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Our cars have wired car play/android auto, and my wife has somehow bricked her ability for her phone to connect to carplay in the Audi (I suspect she may have said "never connect" or something).

So I'm looking to see if I can get her working again with a wireless car play dongle.

Something like this one?
I really research these things hard about every six months. It's about that time that my phone doesn't want to connect in my truck.

Then I remind myself, that the only time I plug a cable into the phone is in the truck. Everywhere else I use wireless charging pads. I go to the cell repair shop, they shove some chemical in the charging port and a dental pick and pull out a ball of fuzz and all things are good again.

I would strongly recommend some electronics cleaner and a dental pic, you may be surprised what comes out of the charging port.

But to answer your question, I think most agree, bluetooth is finicky in all these devices. They will work mostly, and not work just enough to cause aggravation. A new Audi may have wireless carplay standard. Some folks just need a reason to trade (smile)

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The wireless carplay is standard in my 2022 bmw, but 1 thing to note is that there is a delay when changing music. My RAM has wired carplay and there's no delay. I end up plugging my phone in either way to top off the charge.

zpaul

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Ford F150 came with wireless CarPlay and I like it a lot, since no need to mess with any wires.
However, occasionally, may be couple time a month it disconnects. Restarting the phone usually cures that issue.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure if there's an equivalent of this brand for CarPlay, but I have it for my F150 that doesn't have wireless and it's amazing. I went with this one due to it having a lot of development support. They seem to be constantly updating it checking for bugs/issues. I've personally had no issues and it has connected and worked flawlessly from day 1 with different phones that I have. The wired version was quirky and I'd have to replace cables about every couple of months.