• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Wonder how a 24 Yamaha would handle this, very entertaining

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

10:45 into the video is a Yamaha bailing water as they drive.

Depends on the driver and the day. There are a lot of Haulover videos with Yamahas in them. Some do well and some do not. Haulover also varies from almost completely smooth to borderline impassable depending on the tide and wind.

I think its funny when Yamaha goes by... numerous times it says "unknown". LOL.

I also find it extremely interesting the predominance of outboard boats shown.

There are tons of Yamaha on boats vs haulover. Think it's more about the driver than the boat when coming thru there. @14SX190 drives his 190 thru there

I was there Friday. Had big boat with me going in and turned around after going under bridge. Went out and back in hoping to be on camera
Nothing yet....

Got two Jetski in my way and had to turn away from them going out/in as they like to sit in the middle of channel like ducks.

I'll try to post up camera video

If I was boating in salt water predominantly I'd probably switch to an outboard....especially if I was wet slipping. Massive advantage in being able to get the entire engine out of the water!

If I was boating in salt water predominantly I'd probably switch to an outboard....especially if I was wet slipping. Massive advantage in being able to get the entire engine out of the water!

As ha!!!! Thanks makes perfect sense.

Some of it kinda looks like the conditions crossing to Bimini earlier this year.

I think its funny when Yamaha goes by... numerous times it says "unknown". LOL.

Much easier to maintain/slip in the salt environment, a lot of people have bigger center consul boats that require one or usually several big motors. Jet boats are great, that being said they aren’t always the best choice in salt and especially offshore. They just don’t have the power of the big outboards. There are a lot of Yamaha/jet boats in my neck of Florida, and they work great depending on what activities you do and how you store/maintain them.

I didn’t watch the whole video but the pets I saw as scanning through….at 7:20 ish I sure hope the guy on the back was taking a selfie video and not just recording the wake?

at 12:30 ish, that captain couldn’t see anything with all the clowns in the front blocking his view, I’m sure that’s why he hit the pole. I saw a boat last weekend on a small
Lake we went to in the same situation, bunch of girls standing in the bow waving to everyone that would glance their way, had about double the occupants than the boat is rated for, the dude driving was leaning way over the side trying to see where he was going?‍♂️.

So whats the thong capacity on a AR240? One boat had tripple 400'S, wow.

So would a 24 with the higher dead rise handle that better? I also worry since we have no way to trim up the bow if needed

So would a 24 with the higher dead rise handle that better? I also worry since we have no way to trim up the bow if needed
Go fast enough to keep the nose up but not too fast to where your on plane and you may have to work the throttles in conjunction with the waves. You'll get spray in the face but if done right you won't take water over the bow.

Back