• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Wow, what do you guys do for insurance on your boat or jet ski

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
My home owners will not cover my Yamaha or my Honda Aquatrax. Im trying to secure an umbrella policy because I have ownership interest in a couple companies that I want to protect and they wont include these toys.
What do you guys do

I have a boat policy...If you are talking commercial don't know.

I have mine through Travelers. You can set very high thresholds if you want.

We have both of ours, boat and jet ski, on seperate policies with State Farm as well as a umbrella policy for the "CYA" factor.

Hartford wouldn't cover my boat. I was informed I could keep Hartford Umbrella so long as I had 300K+ liability on the boat. Had Travelers but they wouldn't cover Bimini, switched to State Farm and saved $120 / yr AND they cover Bimini. Boat only with State Farm.

I have State Farm for Home, autos, boat, and umbrella. But the boat this time...$750/yr and the limits are LOW. But the umbrella picks up the liability, it is just the medical payments that I think should be much better.

What do you have for PWC coverage, just
Bodily Injury & Property Damage Liability:
Uninsured Boater:
Medical Payments:

I have everything with American Family....Boat, atv's, cars, home, Umbrella. Out in Missouri even State farm can't touch their rates for me.

Give BoatUS a look. They can be a bit costly after you add in the cost of membership but you get a lot more for it.

Boat and Trailer with AllState $500 deductable and I pay
$80 a year. No lean on the boat and I use insurance as a hedge for catastrophic and not incidental losses so I just have it insured for $25K and the trailer for $2K. That is dirt cheap rate. It sounds like some of you are getting "@1#$$" by your insurance companies. I already had a claim on the trailer and my rates are still very low. "Ah choo!" Sorry, I just sneezed and wiped my nose with a hundred dollar bill. For that kind of money why would you need an umbrella policy to cover your boat?

Last edited:
The umbrella covers everything, not just your boat and just incase something happens where you actually exceed your coverage the umbrella picks up after that. Think of it as insurance for your insurance.

I have Allstate which also covers all of my motorcycles, cars, trucks and properties. The cost is about $300 a year.

@gthh The umbrella policy covers your arse in case you get sued for something. I believe that is it's main purpose. It covers all of my endeavors including my rental units, boat, cars, house, everything and kicks in when my basic coverage ends.

Last edited:
Not only getting sued, as Derick said, but also if medical bills pile up beyond what you have coverage for....umbrella takes over.

I had Ski Safe boat insurance, which covered up to $600 in towing and was $335 /yr with an agreed upon value of $55,600. ($25,000 liability)

I recently had to switch to Allstate @$434 a year with $300,000 liability and $1500 in towing to be covered for Bimini and my new Umbrella with Geico. My umbrella is for $2M and is $370 /yr.

Its a shame because I liked Ski Safe... I will try and switch back to them in due time.

Back