• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Yamaha 2024 line up …

Guitarjesus

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I don’t know about the boats but a few weeks ago a guy down the street brought home two new Waverunners with the 1.9L engines. I think it comes back down to certification. It’s the same reason you can’t by a supercharged Yamaha boat new in CA even though Waverunners with the same engine are for sale here new.

if you buy a Yamaha 190 new here in CA chances are it has the CA motor which means it has a catalytic converter and therefore puts out less kw/hp than it’s non CA variant.
Just buy it in Arizona and tow it across the border

gemesq

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I think registering it in CA is the problem. If you buy in another state you still have to register it here. In any event, next boat we buy will be in the state we retire in, which will not be CA!
No you don’t… a lot of folks buy boats outside of ca and register it in that state

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Used to be a large number of the sandy eggo yachts with crapped out expensive motors were registered in Arizona. floating condo for a slip fee.
Havasu has a Yamaha dealer, If there is a way to do it they would know.

dtbarr94

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I realize this is an old post, but for what it's worth, you are correct. We just purchased a 2024 AR190 from Tracy Motorsports and it indeed has the 1.8. I could not figure out why until I started doing some research. The Yamaha brochure I have states "This brochure includes California models only" - and has the engine specs that clarify the SX190 and AR190 both have the 1.8 liter high output engine. CA strikes again! At least I got a screaming deal on it, so having less hp is not as difficult to accept. :)
Thanks! FWIW I haven't noticed that having less HP has been a huge deal honestly so it's not such a bad thing. Still plenty of power to Wakeboard, Wake surf, and pull 3 adults on a tube so good enough for me !